Notices

Old 07-13-2007, 06:48 AM   #16
Chuck Eglinton
Chuck Eglinton began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
html2lrf will do this.
http://www.nytimesriver.com is an excellent way to read the nytimes on your reader.
Kovidgoyal,

Thanks for this tip - can you tell me the precise steps how I can use HTML2LRF with the timesriver page?

By the way - I've created PDF --> HTML using "PDFTOHTML" then used your HTML2LRF to get it into the reader - it's an excellent utility!
Chuck Eglinton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 07:45 PM   #17
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Upgrade to libprs500 0.3.70 and see
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...1305#post81305
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 03:32 PM   #18
rflashman
Zealot
rflashman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rflashman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rflashman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rflashman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rflashman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle, Archos 605 Wifi, & Sony PRS-500
What I really want is an optimized national newspaper for my Sony Reader. The New York Times has a PDF 8-page version of their paper called "TimesDigest" and sells for $360/year. Converted with RasterFarian to half-page it actually is quite readable on the Reader. But I can't justify paying $1 an issue when the entire newspaper is available online (newsstand.com) for half that.

If Sony added magazines/newspapers to their Connect Store, they'd see way more sales and I'd be in line ot purchase subscriptions.
rflashman is offline   Reply With Quote