Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-25-2007, 08:57 PM   #1
monkeywrench
Connoisseur
monkeywrench began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4, Kindle Keyboard
Connect Store Updates

Has anyone noticed the updates to the Connect Store? It has a little bit different look and a few nice features to boot.

They have added a "Customers who purchased this book also purchased:" section under each book and they have also added the ability to write customer reviews.

There are a few other added features but the two that I listed stuck out as being the most useful to me.

Any other hidden features that are useful?
monkeywrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 09:34 PM   #2
flumbo
I got nothin...
flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Looks like they improved things quite a bit. Might almost be usable now.
  • You get a description of the book now in the list view- previously you only got the title and author
  • The book detail page lists other books by the author, awards, info about the author and a bigger block of text about the book. They should still show all the text on this page (without having to click on "more"), but at least they are showing a useful amount now.
  • The list view isn't confined to that tiny framed portion of the screen anymore
  • The list view shows 50 titles at a time now-- I think it was 15 before.
  • General reorganization of interface elements that makes more sense-- buy button close to book title and price, cleaner more organized layout, clear compartmentalization of information
  • Home page has a new tabbed feature area and room for more featured titles-- finally they realize that people know how to scroll.

Not as nice as Amazon, but a big step forward. Hopefully they aren't done yet.
flumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 09:43 PM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Yes, I used up my second $50 credit today and bought some good reading. Things seems faster on Connect. Things seem better.

Also:

They finally fixed the price of Neal Stephenson's Baroque Cycle of three books. However, if you click on the 3 icons of the books, you will be presented with an incorrect price yet again! Unbeleivable! Click on ADD, and the price is correct in one's cart.

This $29.48 price was the price I attempted to buy these three books for, about 5 months ago, but the price was the higher price. I ALMOST accidentally clicked on this incorrect, higher price. When I notified Sony of this price issue 5 months ago, and that I had ALMOST bought the books, I never recieved one comment from them, never a thank you, never a sorry, never a get-lost, never one thing from them.

I do support the Sony READER. Let someone else be the calvary for the CONNECT service.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 11:08 AM   #4
Cthulhu
Technologist
Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY Reader PRS-500
According to the "new features" page, there is finally a wishlist!

That is welcome news, as I am eagerly awaiting my SONY Reader, and having to scour the Connect site, then store the list of books that I want into my Treo seems rather silly.

Thanks for pointing this out monkeywrench.
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 02:01 PM   #5
jasonkchapman
Guru
jasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it is

Device: Sony Reader, nook, Droid, nookColor, nookTablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
There is. And it even works! Overall, it's a lot more pleasant experience.
jasonkchapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 07:42 PM   #6
monkeywrench
Connoisseur
monkeywrench began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4, Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
What would be really nice is if they allowed you to login to the website ebooks.connect.com and build your wishlist there. Like many others in this forum I am a Mac user and only use a windows PC when I purchase books through the dreadful connect software that I have loaded on my wifes laptop. I don't have any other reason to run Windows otherwise I would go the Parallels route but I can't see doing that for a single application. So for now I will stick to keeping my wishlist in a text file.
monkeywrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 09:15 AM   #7
Leaping Gnome
Evangelist
Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Yes, the wishlist is a nice addition. Previously I would just add books to my cart and let them sit there, but that was annoying as if I needed to buy something else I had to remove them. I also fell back on keeping a text file with books I wanted to purchase.
Leaping Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote