Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 12-06-2023, 01:07 PM   #1
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Libby app not working?

Is anyone else having a problem with the Libby app today?

It was working for me earlier today but now the app won't even open. I've tried restarting my phone and I've cleared cache and force stopped the app.

I've submitted a help request to Libby support but thought I'd check here to see if it's just me.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2023, 04:07 PM   #2
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've now tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Libby app but it still won't open
Old 12-06-2023, 04:29 PM   #3
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
FWIW, it is working fine on my iPhone.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2023, 04:39 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
FWIW, it is working fine on my iPhone.
It's also working on my iPhone.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2023, 05:23 PM   #5
4691mls
Wizard

This afternoon I had tried using the phone on just cell data and on Wi-Fi but no difference. Also when I was away from home and not near wifi, but in a location where I've successfully used Libby in the past, and it wouldn't work.

However just now I rebooted my home modem and router and now Libby is working.

But dies it actually require Internet just for the app to open? Or is this just a coincidence?

I've never had any app completely refuse to open before regardless of internet status (obviously sone functions wouldn't be expected to work without Internet)
Old 12-07-2023, 06:42 AM   #6
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
This afternoon I had tried using the phone on just cell data and on Wi-Fi but no difference. Also when I was away from home and not near wifi, but in a location where I've successfully used Libby in the past, and it wouldn't work.

But dies it actually require Internet just for the app to open? Or is this just a coincidence?

I've never had any app completely refuse to open before regardless of internet status (obviously sone functions wouldn't be expected to work without Internet)
I could see the Libby App having very little functionality without an internet connection. My first thought was that it MUST have an internet connection to connect to libraries; I forgot that you can read with it.

Even when reading, it may just download small portions of what you are reading.
Old 12-07-2023, 03:33 PM   #7
4691mls
Wizard

John, I didn't hear from Libby support until after I had reported that the app was working again. They said the app should open without internet, and any books that were already downloaded would still be readable.

Probably unrelated but the Weather Channel app radar wasn't working yesterday - map did not show any storms/precipitation anywhere - and this also started working after the home internet reboot
Old 12-07-2023, 04:39 PM   #8
John F
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
John, I didn't hear from Libby support until after I had reported that the app was working again. They said the app should open without internet, and any books that were already downloaded would still be readable.

I normally only use Libby for searching across libraries, so I was curious...

On my iPhone (and I normally don't use Libby on my iPhone)... I turned off wifi. I Opened Libby. I went to my current checkouts. I was able to open and read both of my current checkouts.
Old 12-07-2023, 08:53 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:

Libby does not need to be online to open. That's why you can download books and audiobooks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2023, 10:54 AM   #10
John F
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
I normally only use Libby for searching across libraries, so I was curious...

On my iPhone (and I normally don't use Libby on my iPhone)... I turned off wifi. I Opened Libby. I went to my current checkouts. I was able to open and read both of my current checkouts.
Opps, I forgot that I had cellular data enabled, so I still had an internet connection. I'll try this again the next time I check out a book.