Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 01-28-2017, 06:07 AM   #1
5y2SB
5y2SB began at the beginning.

Device: none
Boyue T62+ / FB2 reader / Cache error

Hello!

It all began when I attempted to transfer a 2.3GB epub-file to my Boyue. Other epub-files on my SD-card immediately became inaccessible and after physically removing the SD-card from the device did not improve the situation, I decided to format the SD-card and to transfer all books afresh.

I then noticed that it was possible to open books using the pre-installed Adobe, but not FB2-reader, which is incredibly annoying. The reason for my strong preference for FB2 lies in the fact that FB2 allows the making of centralised settings (font, margin etc.), whereas with Adobe these settings needs to be made anew after opening each book.

When attempting to open books with FB2, two potential errors are possible: 1) An error message saying that it was not possible to write to cache; 2) The reader opening a certain book (it is always the same book and never the one I actually opened). The text always also contains random symbols.

What can be done to fix this? Thanks in advance!
5y2SB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 06:17 AM   #2
eMole
Zealot
eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch HD, PocketBook Era
Reset the device? From the menu, I mean, not the reset button.

Using FB2 is an odd choice, it has very limited epub support, it should only be used with low quality or unformated books.
eMole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 06:25 AM   #3
5y2SB
5y2SB began at the beginning.

Device: none
You mean a factory reset? If possible I would rather avoid going down this route given the time it would take to set up apps such as Overdrive and Onleihe..

FB2 has served me very well by the way! But is there a way to centrally set the font and margins for Adobe? If so, then I would be able to just use Adobe instead of FB2..
5y2SB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 02:14 AM   #4
eMole
Zealot
eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch HD, PocketBook Era
Yes, I meant the factory reset. And you have to embed the desired font in every epub file to display them in Adobe Reader, at least with Boyue firmware.
But there are many ebook reader app you can install on this device.
That's the deal with these Boyue devices, out of the box the reading experience is poor due to poor apps, you're supposed to experiment/hack around with apps, dictionaries, whatever until you get tired of it.
eMole is offline   Reply With Quote