Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-24-2010, 02:23 AM   #1
Darqref
space cadet
Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rocket PRO, gen3, Pocketbook360
Apero in Seattle

Apero? you gotta be kidding. We want a MEET UP!. A Get-together. A Party!

party!. PARTY!

er.... would you believe a buncha people around a table talking about books? Probably with coffee yet.

Ok, there have been enough of us checking in from this area, and I want to inspect all your gadgets. Sometime next month or later. Somewhere in or near Seattle.

With any luck, we could get VR down from Vancouver and Duilin up from Portland. And thumb our noses at the volcano (er, um, Hi St Helens!)

Votes on When? Got a good Place? Lets hear it.

Roger
Darqref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 12:05 PM   #2
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
I'm up for that! ;o) someplace close to the ferries would be best for me. I'll be in D.C. 18-22 May, other than that, I'm pretty open!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2010, 12:29 PM   #3
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I'm so jealous! KK is coning, and I've always wanted to meet her! I imagine she is a fascinating character... well, a character for sure!

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR MEET-UP!!!

And come join us in Florida for the one we are tentatively planning.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 07:00 PM   #4
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
I'm so jealous! KK is coning, and I've always wanted to meet her! I imagine she is a fascinating character... well, a character for sure!

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR MEET-UP!!!

And come join us in Florida for the one we are tentatively planning.
damn straight I'm a character!!!

but I don't forsee Florida on my horizon anytime soon. sowwy
Old 04-24-2010, 07:23 PM   #5
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Get VR down from Vancouver? Whoa! Space-time travel is getting really cool these days, ever since Adrian showed up. Seriously, I think you meant Wetdogeared (Wanting Directions Eagerly). I mean, I'd looooooooove to come to Seattle (or Vancouver) for an apéro....erm, party....but it's not likely to be on my calendar until at least this fall. But I'll be thinking about you guys!
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2010, 07:29 PM   #6
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Get VR down from Vancouver? Whoa! Space-time travel is getting really cool these days, ever since Adrian showed up. Seriously, I think you meant Wetdogeared (Wanting Directions Eagerly). I mean, I'd looooooooove to come to Seattle (or Vancouver) for an apéro....erm, party....but it's not likely to be on my calendar until at least this fall. But I'll be thinking about you guys!
you seen one puppy, you've seen 'em all!
Old 04-24-2010, 07:32 PM   #7
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
you seen one puppy, you've seen 'em all!
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 12:16 AM   #8
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
no dear, that's a squirrel
Old 04-25-2010, 01:47 AM   #9
Darqref
space cadet
Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Huh. Sure you didn't put on a different coat? I coulda sworn those ears looked familiar.

But anyway, I've seen a bunch more check-ins from the Vancouver area, so I just wanted to point out it's not that far to drive.

I've been in Florida once, but didn't get off the airplane! I think I'd want to make sure I had a waterproof reader, since the meetup should be held in the Keys, right?

OK Seattle. I'm gone from town about the same time KK is, which works for me. I suggest avoiding holiday weekends, since most people want to do something with families. Ferries? some arrive downtown, which should be good, some arrive in Edmonds, which might be ok. I live south of the city, so I'm driving a bit in most cases. Anywhere in the Ride Free zone around would still be pretty easy to get to, barring uncomfortable crutches or such. My first two thoughts were either the University Book Store, or the mall right beside Third Place Books in Lake City. In either place, I know some of the employees, and timing might coincide with an author reading, or similar event.

If we end up at Third Place, I might be convinced to pick up a small number of people at the ferry terminal. On the other hand, someplace with food could be good, too. Anybody else?
Old 04-25-2010, 12:41 PM   #10
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

well I was kind of thinking some of the eateries in or around Pike Place. the busses, trains, and ferries are all within walking distance of there
Old 05-01-2010, 01:24 AM   #11
Darqref
space cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
well I was kind of thinking some of the eateries in or around Pike Place. the busses, trains, and ferries are all within walking distance of there
Sorry, been gone for a couple of days.

Hmm. Pike Place or Pioneer Square? I used to know a good Dim Sum place near there, I think it was something like Cafe Pacifica. Been a few years though, and that could run more expensive. Don't see it on the map, but there are other dim sum places about 8 blocks away from the ferry.

Do we want Quiet or Noise? Cheap food or a sit down dinner? And what day of the week works best? If we can stand lots of noise, there should be some good sports bars near the stadiums. Buncha seafood joints on one or another pier (we can fight with the seagulls.) I don't eat downtown often enough to know which places are crowded or not. Spaghetti Factory (north end of the waterfront)?
Old 05-05-2010, 02:24 AM   #12
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

why is this not a hot topic!!!????

Pike Place for sure!!!!
Old 05-06-2010, 01:43 PM   #13
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

tap, tap, tap... hello? is this thing on? anyone? does it need to be tabeled even before it's built?
Old 05-06-2010, 01:50 PM   #14
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
I'd go but I only get to Seattle every two or three years.... sorry
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 01:55 PM   #15
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvick View Post
I'd go but I only get to Seattle every two or three years.... sorry
excuses excuses!