Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-22-2012, 02:15 PM   #1
kerting
kerting began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Odyssey
Download Metadata: Genre

Hi,
i have many epubs imported in calibre and most of them have no genre metadata. i marked all epubs and started the download metadata, but after that, the genre information is empty. Is there a way to let calibre download the genre, like thriller, history, etc.?

Thx
k.
kerting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:35 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerting View Post
Hi,
i have many epubs imported in calibre and most of them have no genre metadata. i marked all epubs and started the download metadata, but after that, the genre information is empty. Is there a way to let calibre download the genre, like thriller, history, etc.?

Thx
k.
Do you have (metadata) Tags enabled for the sources configured (and do those sources support tags?)?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2012, 03:05 PM   #3
kerting

How do i enable metadata tags in calibre? i thought that would be automatically enabled?
i have tested several metadata source plugins, like amazon.com, amazon.de, google, overdrive: Some have the "tags" in the description (i have the german version: so it is called schlagworte or etiketten), but no plugin filled the tags.
Example-Book:
Author: Tess Gerritsen
Book: Harvest (Aug 1, 1997) in german: Kalte Herzen.

Last edited by kerting; 08-22-2012 at 03:31 PM. Reason: new facts
Old 08-22-2012, 03:52 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
How do i enable metadata tags in calibre? i thought that would be automatically enabled?
i have tested several metadata source plugins, like amazon.com, amazon.de, google, overdrive: Some have the "tags" in the description (i have the german version: so it is called schlagworte or etiketten), but no plugin filled the tags.
Example-Book:
Author: Tess Gerritsen
Book: Harvest (Aug 1, 1997) in german: Kalte Herzen.
Preferences: Metadata download:

There are 2 layers:
1 Overall (Tags must be enabled for the next layer to work for Tags)

2) Per source. Select the ENABLED source, then click the Configure source button near the bottom.

My guess this approach is to allow you to exclude sources for different types of metadata that do not meed with your style

Not all sources furnish ever kind of metadata
Old 08-22-2012, 04:29 PM   #5
kerting

Ok,
1) The overall tags are enabled
2) i selected the enabled source (BOL_NL) and clicked on "configure": tags are enabled und these options for "tags" are also enabled:
get genre
get categories
get keywords

But there were no tags downloaded ;(

overdrive und douban books: when i start the download with "load all metadata (slow)) i get the message: failed.
Advert
Old 08-22-2012, 04:39 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Ok,
1) The overall tags are enabled
2) i selected the enabled source (BOL_NL) and clicked on "configure": tags are enabled und these options for "tags" are also enabled:
get genre
get categories
get keywords

But there were no tags downloaded ;(

overdrive und douban books: when i start the download with "load all metadata (slow)) i get the message: failed.
someone elses (who uses those sources and LANGUAGE) will have to check those and help you. Not all sources support the Language-title combination nor do they support all support tags (BOL must, since it is custom with those choices) .