Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-09-2008, 04:06 PM   #16
gregr209
Enthusiast
gregr209 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 505 / Kindle
The best part about my current customer service experience with Amazon was that I didn't need to send the broken one back first before I got the new one. That is just awesome since the one I currently have still works and is readable. I couldn't imagine a day without my Kindle now :-)

So I am impressed with how Amazon has handled this...one other note...it was weird pressing the little pop-up box on the Amazon support site and having my phone ring.

Greg
gregr209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 09:59 PM   #17
gregr209
Enthusiast
gregr209 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 505 / Kindle
Got my new Kindle today and it is just as pretty as when I got the first one. The only problem I had was I couldn't get the newspaper and magazine files to recognize the new Kindle. Called Amazon Kindle support and they fixed it in like 2 minutes. The broken one is ready to be shipped back to Amazon.

All in all a happy ending to my straight line pixel saga!

Greg
gregr209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2008, 10:58 PM   #18
ladytara
ladytara began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I just got my Kindle Thur. It arrived with an area about the size of two postage stamps that do not show any print, and there is a line running down the right third Did the reset, battery out, and called tech support. They are sending a new one for Monday. This concerns me that it may be a real problem. I've read one book, but could not read every word. Tech person did mention that perhaps it had gotten too hot. The box it was packed in did not appear to be damaged. Considering only a year warranty and the cost, just how reliable are they?
ladytara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 11:14 PM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
My wife has had her 500 for more then a year and granted it's the previous gneration screen, but no issues so far. Also, my 505 will be coming up for a year in a little over a month with the same Vizplex screen and no issues.

I know these are not Kindles, but it's the best I can say from experience.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote