Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 02-26-2012, 01:14 PM   #1
janelev
janelev began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire
Using Calibre to load Epub onto Kindle Fire

Although it may sound strange, I prefer to read books on my Kindle Fire in epub format using the Nook app. I find it much better than the Kindle mobi format. Problem is that I have found no way to transfer my epub books from Calibre to the Kindle in epub format in a way that allows me to read them using the Nook app. I end up having to side load them into Nook app folder in the Kindle. In doing so, I lose covers and other information. I would be grateful for any suggestions.
janelev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 04:11 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Are you using Calibre's Save to disk? It has options to save cover and metadata, but I don't know if they are in Nook App readable format and location.

Another option is the User Defined device plugin.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2012, 04:21 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelev View Post
Although it may sound strange, I prefer to read books on my Kindle Fire in epub format using the Nook app. I find it much better than the Kindle mobi format. Problem is that I have found no way to transfer my epub books from Calibre to the Kindle in epub format in a way that allows me to read them using the Nook app. I end up having to side load them into Nook app folder in the Kindle. In doing so, I lose covers and other information. I would be grateful for any suggestions.
You could open the Kindle Fire Device plugin and tick EPUB (and move the preferred order placement).
This will leave that book in the 'standard' fire folder
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote