Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-03-2011, 09:13 PM   #1
FauxTaimer
FauxTaimer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Does anyone use those sticker skins on their Kindle?

I kind of like the way they look, but I wish it wasn't a sticker and instead was like a silicone skin.

Something like this is pretty cute.

http://www.amazon.com/Skinit-Kindle-...N%3DB004G5ZWTO
FauxTaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 01:47 AM   #2
Blog Kindle
Addict
Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.

Device: Kindle 1/2/3/4/Touch/DX/Fire|PRS-600/350|Nook(color)|iPad|iPad2|EVO 4G
My wife has one by DecalGirl and it's quite good. It has been on the Kindle for over a year and still looks good. It sticks well and can be removed without a trace. Button holes are very accurate.
Blog Kindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2011, 02:01 AM   #3
MickeyMark
Learning to read...
MickeyMark can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.MickeyMark can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.MickeyMark can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.MickeyMark can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.MickeyMark can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.MickeyMark can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.MickeyMark can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.MickeyMark can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.MickeyMark can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.MickeyMark can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.MickeyMark can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: K3-3G, KDXG
I've got one and I'm very happy with it. It has been on my K3 for almost a year now and it still looks great. Because it's just a sticker, it doesn't get in the way when I place my K3 into its case.

I got it because the labels on my buttons were starting to wear off.
MickeyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:49 AM   #4
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
I had one since it was free. It worked as it was supposed to, and looked rather nice, too.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:19 PM   #5
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
I have skins on all of my ereaders, and on my iPhone. They add a lot of character. They take a few minutes to apply, and a steady hand. They remove without leaving residue.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2011, 01:07 PM   #6
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Pics or it didn't happen! How about showing those stickers off?
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 03:05 PM   #7
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
These are all DecalGirl skins.

Sony 950

Kindle2 (custom skin)

Kindle3

iPhone
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 03:56 PM   #8
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
This one decalgirl I had before, I peeled it off as I found it too busy "Winter sparkle" (pretty though) Cybook Opus

Kindle 3 and Opus

The Kindle one I put 3 days ago, not so glar-y in real life but somehow I don't like it (Invisible Defenders, NOKEY, 275) and decalgirl "Lettereater" Sorry not a good quality picture this one.
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:04 PM   #9
Sweeney Todd
Sweeney Todd began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I have a simple wood-texture skin for my K3. I'm very happy with it. My wife practically insisted I get one since she was so pleased with DecalGirl.

It's very handy to distinguish Kindles if you've got two in the family with identical cases.
Sweeney Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:32 PM   #10
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Pics of my Invisible Defenders NOKEY skin are in this post right here. Still have it on, still like it, but the edges on the page turn buttons are wearing because I pick at them while reading. I would definitely buy the same one again, if I replace it.

Also still using and still loving the M-Edge case in those pics as well.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:40 PM   #11
Polyphemus
I am not The Stig
Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK-3g; PRS-350; Galaxy Tab 7.0+; Galaxy Tab 3 10.1
I've got matte skin from Invisible Defenders, the NOKEY model 551, because my keys were fading. I'm happy with it and would probably buy another one from them if I got a second Kindle.

I did notice it changes color depending on the light source. I noticed this while I was flying from Los Angeles to Atlanta. It looked grey at home under incandescent light, but it was green in daylight from the plane window. It bothered me for the first 20 minutes or so, then I didn't seem to notice it any more.
Polyphemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 03:08 AM   #12
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
I've used both decalgirl and skinit. decalgirl is far superior IMHO. currently have a matte cover on mine, verrry nice. I've used silicone skins on various devices and had one for my first K1. they are pretty cool, problem is that they won't work with covers. you can probably get a sleeve to work with one, but that's not how I roll. ;o)
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 06:33 AM   #13
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
I should have bought Defenders in matte. I was close to peel it off a few times yesterday. When I order skins from decalgirl I order a few, I like to change them once in a while. I have blue "Constellations" for Opus waiting in the drawer but I am debating buying dark rosewood or burlwood (simple wooden ones as well) next. If I have to pay delivery to Europe I prefer to order a bit more.
Defenders doesn't stick as well as decalgirl (are you also the "I can't bear 1/1000 mm unevenness kind of freak? ) I can feel the button stickers are rough already even though it's been ony a few days since application.
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:06 AM   #14
Ryvyan
I read what I want.
Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone XS, iPhone 6, Kobo Clara
I have Gelaskins, but on my Nook Touch. The skin improved the feeling of the Nook in my hand, and it was easy to apply/reapply (when needed). I customised the skin and it arrived great!
Ryvyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:17 AM   #15
Helgetus
Zealot
Helgetus doesn't litterHelgetus doesn't litter

Device: PW1, PW2, KB3G, Sony PRS-T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryvyan View Post
I have Gelaskins, but on my Nook Touch. The skin improved the feeling of the Nook in my hand, and it was easy to apply/reapply (when needed). I customised the skin and it arrived great!
Thank you for the tip. It is available at Amazon Germany! That saves at least 11$ for shipping! If they have something like Burlwood by Decalgirl then it is mine
Helgetus is offline   Reply With Quote