Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-05-2011, 03:34 PM   #1
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Where You're From in Pics

Show off your country, state, province, county, city, town, or what have you; and don't forget the who, what, where bit. A Wikipedia link would be cool too.

First up is Crater Lake National Park from my neck of the woods; the great Pacific Northwest of the US. Located in the state of Oregon, Crater Lake is breathtaking. You can't imagine how blue the water is until you see it for yourself. A must see if you're visiting the west coast.

tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 04:00 PM   #2
Iridal
Mysteriarch
Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, Kindle 3
I live in Ghent, the capital of East-Flanders (nope, that's not a country). It is renowned for the Gentse Feesten (Ghent Festival) which lasts 10 days. There's also a lot of medieval architecture, like the Gravensteen, Rabot, Saint-Nicolas church, Saint Bavo cathedral and many more.

Because Ghent is a university city, there are lots of young people living here which gives it a very dynamic and fun atmosphere. Also, the nightlife if amazing

Ghent is actually quite small (at least the city centre is), so you don't feel like your living in a metropolis.

My favourite pictures are of Ghent by night. I added some thumbnails
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Gent bij nacht 6 web.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	284.3 KB
ID:	64140   Click image for larger version

Name:	gentbijnacht13.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	64141   Click image for larger version

Name:	gravensteen.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	64142  

Last edited by Iridal; 01-05-2011 at 04:07 PM.
Iridal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 04:09 PM   #3
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridal View Post
I live in Ghent, the capital of Flanders (nope, that's not a country). It is renowned for the Gentse Feesten (Ghent Festival) which lasts 10 days. There's also a lot of medieval architecture, like the Gravensteen, Rabot, Saint-Nicolas church, Saint Bavo cathedral and many more.
Beautiful! I love night time shots; especially with water. That would be a nice place to visit.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:13 PM   #4
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro

This place is known as 12 coconuts, after the 12 coconut palm trees that grow in a circle in Kapiolani Park, Honolulu. Diamond Head can be seen in the background.

Last edited by wodin; 01-05-2011 at 08:18 PM.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:45 PM   #5
Falcao
Banned
Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650
I live in Hermosillo, Sonora, México. I attach 3 pictures I took in the parade of the state cattle-growers in 2009. In the middle picture there is the former state governor. In the right picture there is a parade queen.

You can find more pictures in the wikipedia article.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	01.JPG
Views:	289
Size:	194.6 KB
ID:	64163   Click image for larger version

Name:	02.JPG
Views:	251
Size:	192.2 KB
ID:	64164   Click image for larger version

Name:	03.JPG
Views:	286
Size:	165.6 KB
ID:	64165  
Falcao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:51 PM   #6
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
About a mile down the street.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Corner Office View.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	64166  
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:01 PM   #7
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
A pic of the New Jersey Shore a mile from my home.

Which link from imageshack do you use to create thumbnail? I'm a total disaster with forum links and pics.

Last edited by Fbone; 01-05-2011 at 10:09 PM.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:06 PM   #8
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
It's hot here.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	eruption1.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	64167  
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:13 PM   #9
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420

right about here
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:14 PM   #10
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Wow what great pix! I live in this picture, but I am so small you can't see our house.

SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:16 PM   #11
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
A pic of the New Jersey Shore a mile from my home.

Which link from imageshack do you use to create thumbnail? I'm a total disaster with forum links and pics.
That's where I used to be from. Well, not the shore, but north Jersey.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:18 PM   #12
SolRaven
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post

This place is known as 12 coconuts, after the 12 coconut palm trees that grow in a circle in Kapiolani Park, Honolulu. Diamond Head can be seen in the background.
I love Hawai'i. It really is one of the best places on earth.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:19 PM   #13
SolRaven
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
Wow what great pix! I live in this picture, but I am so small you can't see our house.

That is a nice shot.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:38 PM   #14
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Mount St Helens - located about 100 mi (~160 km) south of Seattle. It's one of my favorite places to explore. Been here numerous times. Another must see if you're in the area.

Before

During

After

Old 01-05-2011, 10:46 PM   #15
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
A little farther north than tubemonkey. Timberline Lodge at the 6000ft level on the south side of Mt Hood. Built in the late 1930's by the WPA.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	timberline-lodge.jpg
Views:	355
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	64168  
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote