Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-24-2010, 05:37 PM   #1
venkat3
venkat3 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
download ebooks from amazon to psr-600

Hello,

I know that the Amazon ebookreader is the Kindle.
I also know that amazon delivers its ebooks as azw files (or something like that).
I also know that the sony psr-600 supports almost ALL known document formats.

But, will it also be possible to read this AZW file?
For example, I'm interested to buy/download the Time Magazine from amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...BJ72D51NVG4FTM

Is this possible to read it with my Sony PSR-600????

Thanks!
venkat3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 07:42 PM   #2
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
I believe magazines from Amazon are not downloaded like a normal ebook. This is a subscription that is delivered via wireless. If somehow you were able to download the magazine, you would need to remove the DRM then convert it to a format readable by Sony.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2010, 10:09 AM   #3
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
Or try Calibre. See how their (free) version of Time Magazine compares with Amazon's. I once did a comparison of the print edition of Newsweek with Calibre's, and every article and letter to the editor was there.
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote