Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 02-10-2013, 05:28 PM   #1
Lori Reeser
Enthusiast
Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Tab M10
Question Line break within Headers?

I would like to have my chapters have a number and a title (Chapter 14 Devon Walks Away) which shows up in the TOC (hypertext and HTML) AND I would like to have these on two separate lines:
Chapter 14
Devon Walks Away

Can I do it? How? I am a complete newbie to HTML and REGEX. I don't even know how to look this up.

Thanks!
Lori
Lori Reeser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:42 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori Reeser View Post
I would like to have my chapters have a number and a title (Chapter 14 Devon Walks Away) which shows up in the TOC (hypertext and HTML) AND I would like to have these on two separate lines:
Chapter 14
Devon Walks Away

Can I do it? How? I am a complete newbie to HTML and REGEX. I don't even know how to look this up.

Thanks!
Lori
Inside the H tags
Code:
First part<br />second Part
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2013, 07:02 PM   #3
Lori Reeser
Enthusiast
Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lori Reeser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks again!. It's a lot easier to ask the experts. One of these days I _may_ learn this stuff, but right now I just want to read.

Lori
Old 02-11-2013, 04:15 AM   #4
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
And if you want some different formatting, like "Chapter 14" in italics, you could have something like:

Code:
<h2><span class="name">Chapter</span>
<span class="number">14</span>
<span class="title">Devon Walks Away</span></h2>
Now you can apply your preferred style to span.name, span.number and span.title (and with span.title { display: block; } you can do without the <br/>).
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:38 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
And if you want some different formatting, like "Chapter 14" in italics, you could have something like:

Now you can apply your preferred style to span.name, span.number and span.title (and with span.title { display: block; } you can do without the <br/>).
Way
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2013, 11:29 AM   #6
MickiTee
Guru
MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Pocketbook TL3, TL4, TL5
Lori

You could also use <SHIFT>+<ENTER> in Book View to add a Manual Line Break so avoiding typing any HTML code.
MickiTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:35 PM   #7
Lori Reeser
Enthusiast

Wink

Using <br /> is working fine, especially since the search function always shows the code page. I didn't think about trying Shift-Enter, so I might do that sometime.

IF I ever decide to learn more about coding, I'll keep the other suggestion in mine. It looks very elegant . . . and way too sophisticated for me. (Of course I have lived in Silicon Valley since before it WAS Silicon Valley and have never learned, but never say never.)
Old 02-15-2013, 07:27 PM   #8
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori Reeser View Post
Using <br /> is working fine, especially since the search function always shows the code page. I didn't think about trying Shift-Enter, so I might do that sometime.

IF I ever decide to learn more about coding, I'll keep the other suggestion in mine. It looks very elegant . . . and way too sophisticated for me. (Of course I have lived in Silicon Valley since before it WAS Silicon Valley and have never learned, but never say never.)
The <br /> is actually quite elegant in that it is all one paragraph and goes over multiple lines in the document while remaining as one line in the TOC.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote