Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-28-2008, 02:05 PM   #76
athlonkmf
Guru
athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3, Sony PRS350, iPad 64GB
mount them with daemon tools and you can browse it.
athlonkmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 02:17 PM   #77
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I tried that the other day.. Didn't work.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2008, 02:52 PM   #78
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Maybe I need to update my Daemon Tools.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:53 PM   #79
porkupan
Fanatic
porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Does anyone know how to unpack an IMG file so we can see how they are all made?
Use cramfs tools.
porkupan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 03:04 PM   #80
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkupan View Post
Use cramfs tools.
Any way to do it under WindowsXP? I don't run Linux.
Advert
Old 02-28-2008, 05:40 PM   #81
porkupan
Fanatic
porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Any way to do it under WindowsXP? I don't run Linux.
Yes, there is a CRAMFS Tools package that can be run in Command Window. I believe this is it.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:54 PM   #82
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Now to figure out how to use this thing.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:52 PM   #83
Greg G
Groupie
Greg G is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Papwerwhite
Thanks! It is so nice to have my clock back! I was waiting for a firmware update so I had the security of going back if things went bad but based on people's success decided to go for it.

If you don't remember where the AM/PM vs 24hr clock conrtrol is, go to the top menu, press Settings, press About, press 0 to toggle the value.

-Greg
Greg G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 07:58 PM   #84
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I did make a new image that changes dutch roman BT for times new roman. I'll see if I want to risk it or not.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:13 PM   #85
revmike
Zealot
revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Sony Readers 505 \ T-2, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8
Well I gathered up the nerves and did the flash with the icons, unified menu font and the clock. Thanks gwynevans for the step by step instructions.
revmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 10:13 PM   #86
porkupan
Fanatic

Quote:
I did make a new image that changes dutch roman BT for times new roman. I'll see if I want to risk it or not.
As long as you remembered to use the correct file name and the Font Family name you should be safe. But If you use eBookLib to load your books, the fonts in eBookLib and in the Reader must be the same, otherwise you will have page formatting problems.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:10 AM   #87
nghbk
nghbk began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 500
i got the message "error when execute script"? anybody help me please, thanks
nghbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:06 AM   #88
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Wait for an official update. As they are saying: Better to be safe than sorry.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:55 AM   #89
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by nghbk View Post
i got the message "error when execute script"? anybody help me please, thanks
Bet you skipped point 4 - "Check you have a "/tmp" folder in the root of the Reader when viewed as a USB device, (create one if you haven't,) then unmount the reader." :-)
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 10:55 AM   #90
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
Ha!
You are a brave one!
Actually, not so brave. When I wanted a Russified Reader to give as a gift a few months back, I picked up a 505. But being too chicken to reflash it (fearing the brick result, although it would be more of a shingle than a brick!), I cleaned up and flashed my 500 and gave that as a present. (It was in very good condition, with original box and accessories, and it's for my SO anyway so the packaging doesn't even matter!)

I decided to flash the 505 after seeing a few others here do it, mainly because I really missed the clock, and the mixed menu font sizes were a bit annoying. The new icons and Russification are a bonus.

BTW, I also flashed the 'joystick' mod just to have the lower-right button as a page turn option. I noticed that this button does *not* go forward/back by 10 pages when the button is held, unlike the other page turn buttons.
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
505, firmware, sony reader