Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-22-2012, 09:23 PM   #391
300com
Zealot
300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Who are you quoting?
Rizla from the other thread. i posted here by error.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=190557
300com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:43 AM   #392
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 300com View Post
Rizla from the other thread. i posted here by error.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=190557
Thanks for the reference. It doesn't take much to confuse an old man like me!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2012, 04:54 AM   #393
trocchietto
Addict
trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony 650 ,T2, samsung 7.7, ipad2, ipad mini2, yotaphone2, galax tab s2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frescard View Post
This one should get you all you need to know...
OFF TOPIC
electronic waste, that is the key word thank you.

thank you fafaforza as well for the punctualitation on the refrigerator.

well with all these topics of T1 users that ask to update the T1 software, I really do not know what I should do owing a T2.Looks no logical to sell back to buy a T1, that should cost less instead the prices are up. Really an interesting marketing situation, this is a case history that certifies what mean innovating a product without convinction. Hoper really Sony will react with genereous T2 updates in the next months

Last edited by trocchietto; 09-24-2012 at 09:02 AM.
trocchietto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:07 PM   #394
esc7
esc7 is kind to children and small, furry animalsesc7 is kind to children and small, furry animalsesc7 is kind to children and small, furry animalsesc7 is kind to children and small, furry animalsesc7 is kind to children and small, furry animalsesc7 is kind to children and small, furry animalsesc7 is kind to children and small, furry animalsesc7 is kind to children and small, furry animalsesc7 is kind to children and small, furry animalsesc7 is kind to children and small, furry animalsesc7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quick Evernote question for owners of the device- can you use Evernote highlighting feature without the Wi-Fi tunred on, like on a stand-alone Android tablet, or you must have Wi-Fi to synchronize it? Thanks
esc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:35 PM   #395
Shark69
Zealot
Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by esc7 View Post
Quick Evernote question for owners of the device- can you use Evernote highlighting feature without the Wi-Fi tunred on, like on a stand-alone Android tablet, or you must have Wi-Fi to synchronize it? Thanks
You must have Wifi to synchronize. Otherwise, you receive an error message.
Shark69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2012, 08:15 PM   #396
ppawel
ppawel began at the beginning.

Device: Opus
Does *anyone* like the PRS-T2?

Being a PRS-T1 owner of less than a year, I must admit that I was tempted by the prospect of a brighter screen, longer battery life, etc.. BUT -- I did check out a display model at a local Sony store and I must say that it gave me pause. Ghosting seemed quite evident, more so than what I see on my T1 (although maybe this was magnified by the bright store lights). The screen didn't seem *that* much different than my T1, perhaps a bit lighter. For sure I didn't like the font rendering compared to my T1 - this has been addressed here before, and I think that's a valid concern.

On the positive side, the display unit was *very* responsive - page turns and refreshes seemed much faster than my T1.

But the big negative has to be the buttons. I really disliked the feel of them and their positioning.

The FB and Evernote functionality is interesting, but to my mind that doesn't tip the balance towards the positive. My overall assessment was negative.

Looks like I'll be sticking with my T1 and will wait and see what Sony has to offer for their next model. I really want to stick with Sony since I'm primarily an ePub user, but the T2 was not at all compelling to me. I might consider it if it ever gets deeply discounted.
ppawel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:12 AM   #397
redneck eyeball
redneck eyeball began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T2
I really like the T2. A lot better than the T1

And strangely, I prefer the buttons on the T2, they are so much easier that on the T1
I don't understand what's not to like ...
redneck eyeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:56 AM   #398
trocchietto
Addict
trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony 650 ,T2, samsung 7.7, ipad2, ipad mini2, yotaphone2, galax tab s2
Quote:
Originally Posted by redneck eyeball View Post
I really like the T2. A lot better than the T1

And strangely, I prefer the buttons on the T2, they are so much easier that on the T1
I don't understand what's not to like ...
there is a question that is driving me crazy, as I cannot find a reply.

I love my T2 as it is quite fast and the screen nice but I am an hard highlighter, this will slow down the device as with my prs650 or something changed?
trocchietto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:56 AM   #399
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I like the T2 as well. The slow response with large amounts of highlights is an issue with the x50 models. It is fixed on the T1 and T2. The Evernote function and ability to sync with the Sony software like the 950 can is a nice feature too. I also like that there is a new feature on the homescreen that you are on Page 257 of 458 for example on the book you are reading and it shows progress on a line like the Kindle does. I am also happy that periodicals are now delivered daily. Lastly the matte finish is better than glossy. I have not noticed excessive ghosting. Sony now has an option to turn off refresh on every page like other brands and that feature has some ghosting but that is normal. You can set it the old way to refresh every page if you want clearer text and don't mind black flashes.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:46 AM   #400
idle
I Do Like Ebooks
idle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocketbook Ultra 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
The slow response with large amounts of highlights is an issue with the x50 models. It is fixed on the T1 and T2.
Is it? I had on my T1 a file that slowed down considerably when I created more than 100 highlights. It was a PDF, I admit, because I needed to export the whole file with the comments afterwards and I don't know how to do that with epubs.
idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:00 AM   #401
ppawel
ppawel began at the beginning.

Device: Opus
Thanks for your replies, and I'm happy to hear that some of you enjoy your T2s. I *really* wanted to like it, and was hoping the negative press was unfounded. I'm going to go back to check out the display model with my T1 in tow, so that I can do a direct side-by-side comparison. As for the buttons, it's probably just a matter of getting used to them.
ppawel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:07 AM   #402
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppawel View Post
Thanks for your replies, and I'm happy to hear that some of you enjoy your T2s. I *really* wanted to like it, and was hoping the negative press was unfounded. I'm going to go back to check out the display model with my T1 in tow, so that I can do a direct side-by-side comparison. As for the buttons, it's probably just a matter of getting used to them.
I have not decided how I like the buttons. I use them less on the T2 than in the past. The first time you press it there is a loud click but then it seems to be softer after that. The location is ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idle View Post
Is it? I had on my T1 a file that slowed down considerably when I created more than 100 highlights. It was a PDF, I admit, because I needed to export the whole file with the comments afterwards and I don't know how to do that with epubs.
PDFs are slow even without highlighting on the T1 compared to past models. I haven't tested any on the T2.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:24 AM   #403
redneck eyeball
redneck eyeball began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T2
I no longer swipe. I now have my thumb resting on the 'next page' button.
With the T1 that was quite impossible.

The T2 has a great way to handle collections, so much better than my wife's T1
redneck eyeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:25 AM   #404
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
PDFs are slow even without highlighting on the T1 compared to past models. I haven't tested any on the T2.
I'll admit I haven't tried side by side tests, but the T1 seemed to handle PDF's better and faster than the 600. I tried a couple to see if the cropping and zooming options on the T1 made PDF's more usable...

Even though the T1 seemed to handle PDF's better and faster than the 600, they're still not great on it. The resolution needs to be a bit higher to make reading them comfortable. The zoom options on the T1 worked better and faster, but PDF's were still a bit awkward.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:30 AM   #405
pssquirrel
ebooknut
pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppawel View Post
Does *anyone* like the PRS-T2?
I love the T2. I much prefer it over the T1 and PRS-350 (the latter of which I have since given away in favor of the T2).
pssquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote