Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 10-14-2011, 05:06 PM   #16
TFeldt
Connoisseur
TFeldt can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TFeldt can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TFeldt can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TFeldt can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TFeldt can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TFeldt can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TFeldt can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TFeldt can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TFeldt can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TFeldt can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TFeldt can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Asus Transformer, Galaxy S
In no particular order;

Communication
Gmail, k9, plume

Productivity
Dropbox, evernote, lastpass

Media consumption
Google reader, beyond pod, mort player, mobo

Overview
Bankdroid, Simple analytics widget, wordpress, snowstorm

General
Lightning bug, connectbot, titanium backup, writepad, terminal

E-books
FBReader, ezpdf

Games
Grave defense, through the desert, clustermaster, robotek, carcassone, hardwood backgammon + solitaire, sprinkle, random mahjong

Last edited by TFeldt; 10-15-2011 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Horrific formatting, not sure what I did to my original post.
TFeldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 05:13 PM   #17
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Someone else likes BeyondPod!

I just discovered BeyondPod Podcast Manager. Was using DoggCatcher prior. If you want something that takes advantage of Honeycomb (specific Honeycomb version available) with an awesome UI and is highly customizable (even pulls in subscriptions from Google Reader), this is it! I use it for audio/video podcasts, and RSS feeds. There's a 7 day trial available.

Note: some may be turned off by so many options.

Last edited by SCION; 10-14-2011 at 05:17 PM.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2011, 02:09 PM   #18
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Enjoy Sudoku! app

If you're into sudoku advanced problem solving techniques with tutorials this is a great find!

Quote:
Discover order in chaos with hints that teach, tutorial, 16 levels, and undo.

Exercise your brain, Enjoy Sudoku! With hints that teach and unlimited games at 16 levels you will love Enjoy Sudoku. Supports phones and tablets. Our Sudoku tutorial, extensive feature set, and advanced multi-stage hint system offer something for everyone. The more you play, the more you will Enjoy Sudoku!
https://market.android.com/details?i...e=related_apps

A free version is available also.

Last edited by SCION; 10-16-2011 at 02:11 PM.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:10 PM   #19
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
- News Republic

- Google Maps

- Gmail

- Goodreads

- Music player

- Google Calender

- Evernote

- Battery Widget

These aren't really in order, they're just some of the ones I use the most.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 10:56 PM   #20
michaelryannh
Connoisseur
michaelryannh is a marvel to beholdmichaelryannh is a marvel to beholdmichaelryannh is a marvel to beholdmichaelryannh is a marvel to beholdmichaelryannh is a marvel to beholdmichaelryannh is a marvel to beholdmichaelryannh is a marvel to beholdmichaelryannh is a marvel to beholdmichaelryannh is a marvel to beholdmichaelryannh is a marvel to beholdmichaelryannh is a marvel to behold

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G + Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
For me, MUST HAVE apps include (top 3 in bold):
[*]Coin Dozer (Level 90+)
Ah.. Coin dozer.

Almost three full days of my life well spent on the addiction of coin pushing.

Made it to level 200+ and some number around the thousands in coins (4000+ I believe), can't remember right now where it was and can't be bothered to pull my phone out.

Your post.. makes me want to play some more... But I must resist.. the.. coi---

Oh sorry, I trailed off right there, didn't I? Got sidetracked by the pushing of coins..

DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for any addictions to Coin Dozer after reading my post. I am also not responsible for the lack of forgetting simple tasks due to needing "just a few more coins" such as, and not limited to forgetting to feed the dog, ignoring your wife and family, withdrawn in social events, eye strain from staring at an LCD screen too long, and finally the ruining of your social career.

Seriously, if you know what's good for you, you won't get this game.

Even though it's fun..
You must resist.

EDIT: For anyone interested.. I checked Coin Dozer on my phone, i was at level 160 when I stopped playing, around 4700 Coins..

Close enough, for some reason I thought I was around the 200+ Levels.

Last edited by michaelryannh; 10-16-2011 at 11:06 PM.
michaelryannh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2011, 12:03 PM   #21
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelryannh View Post
Your post.. makes me want to play some more... But I must resist.. the.. coi---
Now I Coin Drop! ...

In Coin Dozer, I'm around level 130 and about 4000 coins and only getting more coins, as every screen full of coins that are banked, I net more than I used. I think I could ramp it up even further, however, all my prizes are at 6+ stars, so there is no more attainable goals, other than a higher score. It was fun while it lasted, but I do return once and a while to get to a new level... Oh so addictive!

Quote:
Oh sorry, I trailed off right there, didn't I? Got sidetracked by the pushing of coins..
I now drop coins....

Quote:
DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for any addictions to Coin Dozer after reading my post. I am also not responsible for the lack of forgetting simple tasks due to needing "just a few more coins" such as, and not limited to forgetting to feed the dog, ignoring your wife and family, withdrawn in social events, eye strain from staring at an LCD screen too long, and finally the ruining of your social career.

Seriously, if you know what's good for you, you won't get this game.

Even though it's fun..
You must resist.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 01:49 PM   #22
michaelryannh
Connoisseur
michaelryannh is a marvel to beholdmichaelryannh is a marvel to beholdmichaelryannh is a marvel to beholdmichaelryannh is a marvel to beholdmichaelryannh is a marvel to beholdmichaelryannh is a marvel to beholdmichaelryannh is a marvel to beholdmichaelryannh is a marvel to beholdmichaelryannh is a marvel to beholdmichaelryannh is a marvel to beholdmichaelryannh is a marvel to behold

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G + Wifi
Quote:
Now I Coin Drop! ...

In Coin Dozer, I'm around level 130 and about 4000 coins and only getting more coins, as every screen full of coins that are banked, I net more than I used. I think I could ramp it up even further, however, all my prizes are at 6+ stars, so there is no more attainable goals, other than a higher score. It was fun while it lasted, but I do return once and a while to get to a new level... Oh so addictive!

I now drop coins....

I must resist the urge to try that..

it'll only sidetrack me from my novel.. lol
michaelryannh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 03:07 PM   #23
SCION
Séduisant

TuneSync

Wirelessly syncs with iTunes. I discovered this a few days ago. Was using DoubleTwist via USB before, but that didn't work anymore with Honeycomb (I'm on a Mac). I resorted to dragging and dropping music folders. Sad.

Now I can sync effortlessly.

Quote:
Synchronize your iTunes music files over your Wi-Fi connection

Try TuneSync Lite before purchasing

Automatically synchronize your iTunes music files (mp3, aac), artwork, and playlists to your SD card over your Wi-Fi.

**Requires a SD Card, iTunes, and free server from
http://www.tunesync.com
*Note: The free server states that it only works with Mac OS 10.6 and 10.7. I was like, oh boy, here we go again with another application that doesn't work on 10.5. Seems to be a trend as of late. I installed it anyway and it works.

Last edited by SCION; 10-17-2011 at 03:16 PM.
Old 10-17-2011, 03:45 PM   #24
TFeldt
Connoisseur
TFeldt can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TFeldt can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TFeldt can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TFeldt can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TFeldt can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TFeldt can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TFeldt can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TFeldt can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TFeldt can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TFeldt can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TFeldt can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Asus Transformer, Galaxy S
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Someone else likes BeyondPod!
We do seem to be a minority and I'm not entirely sure why. Sure, there might be tons of options (like you emphasized) but using them isn't obligatory by any stretch. Just really enjoy the google reader integration and batched downloads (which I've scheduled to download at night when connected to the charger and wifi network). Fresh podcasts available locally every morning, lovely stuff.

Also forgot to mention Spotify, which is probably the app that gets the most use but since it's always in the background I tend to forget about it.
TFeldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 06:51 AM   #25
HowGozit
Connoisseur
HowGozit knows what time it isHowGozit knows what time it isHowGozit knows what time it isHowGozit knows what time it isHowGozit knows what time it isHowGozit knows what time it isHowGozit knows what time it isHowGozit knows what time it isHowGozit knows what time it isHowGozit knows what time it isHowGozit knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS650, Kobo, Asus Tab 8, iPod Touch, Galaxy Tab, Surface Pr2
My usual and always used load on my tablets:
Reading/Productivity
Zinio
FBReader (used to be Aldiko, but FBReader grew on me)
Kindle
ezPDF
Evernote
Logos Bible reader
GReader

Games:
Angry Birds
Soduko
Dragon, Fly

On honeycomb
File Manager HD

Ross
HowGozit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 06:57 AM   #26
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowGozit View Post
My usual and always used load on my tablets:
FBReader (used to be Aldiko, but FBReader grew on me)
Yep, same here, they have made some great improvements lately.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 09:37 AM   #27
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
I now drop coins....
He He, your comment reminded me of a logo I read on a recycling truck. "Your Manure is Our Bread n Butter".

I ommited an app that I use daily, and the first app I install on all Android devices. I use it so much I forget about it....make sense?

Anyhow the app is called
* Google Gesture Launcher.

By far one of the most useful apps. You just write on the screen what you are looking for be it contacts, apps, bookmarks, music,etc... and they pop up, quickest way to bring up anything save a shortcut on the desktop.

Also anybody use the goodreads app?

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 02:32 PM   #28
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
Here are the apps I use all the time:

Kindle
Moon+
Repligo
SqueezeCommander (for my Squeezebox devices)
MixZing
Doggcatcher
Tunein Radio Pro
Slingplayer

Oh but my favorite is wifi tether!

Last edited by volwrath; 10-22-2011 at 02:42 PM.
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 12:40 AM   #29
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
My Favorite Apps are:

• Call Confirm (No pocket Dialing)
  • Out Of Milk
  • ES File Explorer
  • Dropbox
  • Mantano
  • Apps2SD Pro
  • Quick Settings (Love the flashlight!)
  • ColorDict
  • GoodReads
  • TuneIn Radio Pro
  • QuickPic
  • MedMinder Free
  • Sales Calculator
  • MyDays Calendar
  • Todo Task Manager Lite
  • The Weather Channel
  • Amazon MP3 App
  • Yahtz Me
  • Opera Mini
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 04:00 PM   #30
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
For a tablet, it's Pulse

Wish it was available for webOS.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote