Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-18-2011, 12:16 AM   #1
dumbtechie
dumbtechie began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs 950
Wifi Connectivity

HELP!!! I just got my sony prs 950 (Absolutely love it! First ereader ever!) Everything is working fine. The touch screen is awesome, the format is awesome, the style is awesome... basically everything is awesome.
The only problem I have is setting up wifi.
You know how when you click on a wifi connection, you have to click on the encryption key to connect? How do you find out what that encryption key is?

If you know the answer to this, please give me a detailed explanation. As my name implies, I'm not that good with technology
dumbtechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 04:44 AM   #2
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
Quote:
How do you find out what that encryption key is?

It's the key that you've entered when setting up your router.
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 08:28 AM   #3
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Or the key that's already installed on your router by the ISP you use... this is usually also on a label on the router these days...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 12:26 PM   #4
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcreative View Post
Or the key that's already installed on your router by the ISP you use... this is usually also on a label on the router these days...
Good point! My aunt's wireless network was setup by her ISP. When she got her Kindle she was also perplexed how to enter the encryption key. No sticker on her router. She called the ISP customer support, and they were able to help her with the password over the phone.

EDIT: I had another thought. Sometimes they will leave a text file on your computer's desktop with the key too.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 01:05 PM   #5
dumbtechie

Thanks! Found it!

Last edited by dumbtechie; 05-18-2011 at 01:18 PM.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:10 PM   #6
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Great! Congrats on your first ereader. Glad you are enjoying it. I absolutely love my 950 too!
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 02:10 AM   #7
dreadcptflint
Enthusiast
dreadcptflint began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 950
The 950 is where it is at.
dreadcptflint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 12:53 AM   #8
dumbtechie

Now I pose another question? Does anyone know what how to get to the sony library? Because the sony reader store comes directly from the reader but unless it's free, I still ahve to pay for the ebooks. Is the library part of the reader store? If so is there like a link to get from the store to the library? Or must I download it from the computer?
Old 05-20-2011, 01:57 AM   #9
ThR
Tatütatuter
ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Aura H2O, Glo HD, Paperwhite, PRS-950
The sony library is not a public library. It's an application on your computer in which you store and manage your bought books. You will find the library as an install-file on your reader.
ThR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 12:20 PM   #10
dumbtechie

And where is this install file? Does this file mean I can go to the library on my reader or do I can I check out a book library only?
Old 05-22-2011, 01:15 PM   #11
ThR
Tatütatuter
ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Aura H2O, Glo HD, Paperwhite, PRS-950
You will find the "Setup Reader Library for Windows.exe" on the drive named "SETTING". I can't tell you the drive letter, this depends on your system. After you instelled the software and started it, you may read in the help file of this application, what and how you can do with it. (I never used it, instead I'm using calibre.)
ThR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 03:04 PM   #12
benham
Guru
benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, PRS-505 (BLUE)
If you want public library books for your Sony, you can sign up with overdrive.com. You need a valid library card from a participating system.
benham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 03:08 PM   #13
elizilla
Addict
elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS 650, Sony PRS 350
If you want to check out library books, you can go to your local library's website from your computer to find out whether they have eBooks, and how to work with them if they do. Perhaps you will need to use Adobe Digital Editions.
elizilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 03:26 PM   #14
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
No need for Adobe Digital Editions to check out library books. Sony Reader Library handles it, too.
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 03:58 PM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThR View Post
The sony library is not a public library. It's an application on your computer in which you store and manage your bought books. You will find the library as an install-file on your reader.
It's actually called Reader Library.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote