Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-08-2013, 07:49 AM   #36196
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
hehehe I decided to bike to the grocery store last night. We didn't need much and I have two side bags that are made for grocery shopping. They detatch easily, I carry them inside, fill them up, pay, and reattach them to the back rack. Easy Peasy. I looked up at the sky and saw pretty blue sky being replaced with black storm clouds. Went inside and checked the weather app. No rain in the forecast until Midnight.

Oh was the app wrong. I was drenched when I got home. Handed the groceries off to DH and went straight for the shower leaving a trail of water for the dogs to lap up.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:46 AM   #36197
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
hehehe I decided to bike to the grocery store last night. We didn't need much and I have two side bags that are made for grocery shopping. They detatch easily, I carry them inside, fill them up, pay, and reattach them to the back rack. Easy Peasy. I looked up at the sky and saw pretty blue sky being replaced with black storm clouds. Went inside and checked the weather app. No rain in the forecast until Midnight.

Oh was the app wrong. I was drenched when I got home. Handed the groceries off to DH and went straight for the shower leaving a trail of water for the dogs to lap up.
I think we are using the same weather apps. We started walking home from dinner and got caught in a tropical deluge. One second it was fine, the next it was coming down in buckets. No gradual buildup. Soaked to the skin in seconds. Thankfully this is Thailand and the rain was warm.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:56 AM   #36198
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The cool rain was actually pretty nice after it being so hot. Next time I ignore the app. It was a short ride, about a mile, so not that big a deal but I was drenched. Made me chuckle and kind of appreciate that I could still do silly things at 41. (smiles)
Old 07-08-2013, 09:50 AM   #36199
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
The cool rain was actually pretty nice after it being so hot. Next time I ignore the app. It was a short ride, about a mile, so not that big a deal but I was drenched. Made me chuckle and kind of appreciate that I could still do silly things at 41. (smiles)
Trust me on this one; you'll still do silly things at 61. And even 66
(Don't ask me how I know.)

Right now I'm fiddling with my keys. I bought a rear rack and large lockable box for my new pony. Yesterday I had the blacksmith put on new shoes and new breaks, and give it a tune-up. It cruises along nicely at 80kph and when I hit the congestion in the middle of town, it was nice not to have to horse around a large framed bike. Then cutting through some back fields to get to my house, it was interesting to see just how maneuverable my little pony could be! But there is no doubt that for long rides in the mountains I'll have to rent a larger bike. That, or get replacement kidneys...

Stitchawl

Last edited by Stitchawl; 07-08-2013 at 09:56 AM.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:10 PM   #36200
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Lexie has discovered a fun, new game: making the bed. Sigh.
Rumpelteazer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:16 AM   #36201
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Having lunch.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:17 AM   #36202
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Eating a banana. Contemplating taking my vitamins.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:20 AM   #36203
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Rearranging furniture. Until today, all we had were the living room sofas and chairs to sit on, and the coffee table to hold our laptops. Today I bought a couple of small folding tables and chairs so we could sit up straight for a change. We ordered desks, office chairs, dinning room table and chairs, etc. the other day but they won't get delivered until the end of the month. I didn't want to camp out in the living room any longer!

Stitchawl
Old 07-09-2013, 09:44 AM   #36204
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Being happy.

Today we started painting the walls in the store. My sister and I did the edges and corner the spray paint machine can't do and we painted the entrance way and the wall along the stairs. My father is now spray painting the rest. And what a difference it already is. Only one little bit of wall needs to be treated with a special kind of fluid and after that has dried it can also be painted.

We're finally starting to see real progress in rebuilding the store, at least in the front part.

Also, an hour ago the sonic cleaning machine came, so tonight we can try cleaning some plugs and such (considering the results of the small sonic cleaner for glasses and jewellery I'm not scared that it will be a fiasco).
Rumpelteazer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:23 PM   #36205
Amy GD
Banned
Amy GD is on a distinguished road

Device: none
Right now I am browsing mobile reads...
Amy GD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:37 PM   #36206
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
Just created this image with a stunning quote from Alastair Reynolds. I want to print it out, so I paired it with a great image to do it justice.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:15 AM   #36207
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Arranging greenery! We went to a giant plant market this afternoon. Must be close to 100 different vendors set up over a 5 square block area. We bought large pothos about a meter tall, a couple of Birds Nest ferns (one large, one small,) a large braided Kwan Yin Bamboo plant (very lucky Feng Shui plant, right?) and a couple of smaller tillandsias. The humidity in Thailand is perfect for ferns and Bromiliads! All of this, in clay or ceramic pots, for under $20 US. Amazing Thailand.

Stitchawl
Old 07-14-2013, 07:17 PM   #36208
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Just got done mowing the lawn - after weeks of daily rain ..... and sun showers this afternoon .... I feel like a tank hit me! It is the thickest I've ever seen it .... and still too wet to mow well .... off to collapse in my recliner now with a tall glass of ice water!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 08:02 PM   #36209
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Trying to put a square peg in around hole. At least, that's what it feels like unpacking all these cartons. There is just no place to put everything! Have to go out and buy some more shelves today!

Stitchawl
Old 07-15-2013, 12:29 AM   #36210
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I successfully ignored mowing the lawn, while doing dishes and the laundry. Darn. It's too dark to mow the lawn now.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?