Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-05-2010, 03:58 PM   #1
Dark123
Zealot
Dark123 doesn't litterDark123 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Kindle Previewer Not Opening Mobi Files

I said the default mobi file reader to Kindle Previewer but it doesn't open them.
Dark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 06:22 PM   #2
DMSmillie
Enquiring Mind
DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindle 3 (WiFi)
Without a bit more information, I'm not sure that anyone will be able to help much. What happens when you try to open a MOBI file?
DMSmillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2010, 06:29 PM   #3
Dark123
Zealot
Dark123 doesn't litterDark123 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
I created a .Mobi file using Calibre. When I double clicked the .Mobi file it asked what program to use to open it, I selected Amazon Previewer however, it can't display it. But if I go to File -> Open and select the .Mobi file or if I drag and drop it works.
I just want to set the default application it loads with to Amazon Previewer.
I think it may be because AP is based on Java and it loads the javaw.exe
Dark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 07:47 AM   #4
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
The Amazon Previewer doesn't seem to support accepting a filename passed to it by the OS when it is launched.

There is no way to make this happen other than to petition Amazon to add the functionality in some future revision.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote