Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-03-2010, 03:25 PM   #16
Almiel
regrets buying PocketBook
Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: CoolReader (Android), Pocketbook 360 Ivory
The TOC in the epub didn't work on my reader either. I opened it in Sigil, pulled up the toc tool and saw it was there. Closed it and did a "save as" and now the toc works. But it's such a long toc! I wonder if there's a way to make it multi-level? Is that possible? I'm new to all this. It'd be nice if you could choose the book, then the chapter.
Almiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 04:02 PM   #17
Rootman
Groupie
Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Android & FBReader
In Epub you can indeed make the TOC multilevel. I redid a Bible text and made it NEW TESTAMENT and OLD TESTAMENT from there broken down into book names, then chapters and then verse, it was great on a PC with Calibre reader. Then I bought a Kindle which only supports .mobi, and alas .mobi does NOT support multilevel TOC's.

Open it in Sigil and look at the heading settings, the higher (actually LOWER in number) the heading setting, from 1 to 6, the larger the text and the higher up in the TOC level it sets and smaller heading settings below it till it meets with another heading of the same level. Experiment with a new file and you'll see what I mean.
Rootman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 05:53 PM   #18
kceb10
kceb10 doesn't litterkceb10 doesn't litter

Device: PRS-900
i tried downloading one of these but all it is, is HTML documents how do i get them on my reader and there is a ton of them
kceb10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:09 PM   #19
jonphilpott
jonphilpott began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by kceb10 View Post
i tried downloading one of these but all it is, is HTML documents how do i get them on my reader and there is a ton of them
I'm not sure why you would be getting that. Your sony read software should recogonise the epub file type.
jonphilpott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:10 PM   #20
jonphilpott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almiel View Post
The TOC in the epub didn't work on my reader either. I opened it in Sigil, pulled up the toc tool and saw it was there. Closed it and did a "save as" and now the toc works. But it's such a long toc! I wonder if there's a way to make it multi-level? Is that possible? I'm new to all this. It'd be nice if you could choose the book, then the chapter.
It is actually multilevel already but not at the testament level. I'm not sure why your ereader isn't happy with it!
Old 02-14-2010, 11:11 AM   #21
Almiel
regrets buying PocketBook
Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: CoolReader (Android), Pocketbook 360 Ivory
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonphilpott View Post
It is actually multilevel already but not at the testament level. I'm not sure why your ereader isn't happy with it!
Me too. I've since opened another epub that has 2 levels so I know it can...
Almiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 01:40 PM   #22
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
These are still available and FREE.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:13 AM   #23
Shiren
Connoisseur
Shiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505/iPod Touch
Does anyone know a place where I can download a Bible in french (Louis Segond 1910) in epub or another format for my Sony reader?
Shiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 12:03 AM   #24
Shiren
Connoisseur
Shiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505/iPod Touch
Since a french Bible in epub was nowhere to be found I made one myself loosely based on what you did.

You can get it here : Variés: La Sainte Bible (Louis Segond 1910). v1. 18 March 2010.
Shiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 04:43 AM   #25
Sabrina
Sabrina began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S (Aldiko eBook reader)
Dear jonphilpott

The bilbles are in .zip format. Do you have them in .ePUB format? I think my Aldiko e-Reader (Samsung Galaxy S) only supports .ePUB format. Thanks
Sabrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 04:47 AM   #26
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrina View Post
Dear jonphilpott

The bilbles are in .zip format. Do you have them in .ePUB format? I think my Aldiko e-Reader (Samsung Galaxy S) only supports .ePUB format. Thanks
All you have to do is unzip them.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:57 AM   #27
wgarider
wgarider began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle III & Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonphilpott View Post
I have created several Epub bibles from the downloadable text from the Unbound Bible website. They can be downloaded from:

http://emmental.underthedesk.co.uk/~jon/

I hope you will find this useful.
God bless,
Jon Philpott.
Thanks for sharing these Jon!
wgarider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 04:50 PM   #28
jonphilpott

I have moved these to a real domain with real hosting at: http://www.ereaderbibles.com
Old 08-30-2010, 06:07 PM   #29
jonphilpott

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
All you have to do is unzip them.
Epub files are actually zip files containing a bunch of xml and html files. I have corrected my webserver's config file so that the epub files are marked as being epub instead of zip. this should correct the problems for most people.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:28 AM   #30
hd_cal_dave
hd_cal_dave has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hd_cal_dave has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hd_cal_dave has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hd_cal_dave has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Android
The ePub TOC is still not showing up in the Calibre reader, but it is still the best formatted version of the WEB I've found on the internet. If anyone has a version with a working TOC can you let me know here? Thanks.
hd_cal_dave is offline   Reply With Quote