Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-04-2013, 05:04 AM   #541
xtine
Addict
xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
Shameless plug: Especially on the Kindle Keyboard, give KindlePDFViewer a try for reading PDFs (and other document formats) :-)
I tried it on my PW but I have no idea about what it's supposed to do.

Clicking both "KPDF - Open last document" and "KPDF - Start in documents" under KUAL just takes me to the home screen. After I select a PDF file to open, it's shows up just like it would without KindlePDFViewer installed

Last edited by xtine; 03-04-2013 at 05:16 AM.
xtine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:04 AM   #542
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
I would still consider the version for the KPW/KT as experimental, albeit working relatively well already. From your description it sounds as if it isn't started at all.

Note that the K2/KDX/K3 version of KPV is relatively mature, offers LOTS of improvements over the built-in PDF viewer (I was suggesting it here because the cropping of documents was mentioned). It's a different thing altogether.

Last edited by hawhill; 03-04-2013 at 07:39 AM.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:06 AM   #543
xtine
Addict
xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'd be interested to try it again once you have another version up
Old 03-04-2013, 07:39 AM   #544
stepk
Groupie
stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K5 B011 5.3.2.1
xtine,
verify correct directory structure:
Code:
/mnt/us/kindlepdfviewer
/mnt/us/extensions/kpdf
And download the latest experimental KPV for touch devices
https://code.google.com/p/kindlepdfv...downloads/list
stepk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:52 AM   #545
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtine View Post
I tried it on my PW but I have no idea about what it's supposed to do.

Clicking both "KPDF - Open last document" and "KPDF - Start in documents" under KUAL just takes me to the home screen. After I select a PDF file to open, it's shows up just like it would without KindlePDFViewer installed
Okay...

Let me go dig up the chrox thingy that makes that a bit easier.

ah yeah... Now I use kpvbooklet-package - here's the current incarnation https://code.google.com/p/kpvbooklet...a.zip&can=2&q=

BUT THE FUTURE READER should always check https://code.google.com/p/kpvbooklet...downloads/list

Now... before you do this... be aware like hawhill said this is BETA SOFTWARE... That means that it is not "SOLID" and "FOOLPROOF", it will likely do things you don't expect sometimes and things might not even work.

SO. KEEP THE UNINSTALLER. If you don't like it you can always remove it.

Installing THIS (kpvbooklet-package) will make it use kdpfviewer BY DEFAULT...

I don't actually SEE any source code for the project on code.google.com but doubtless chrox would fess some up if asked. (perhaps they are somewhere else online already) Hope that helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_074.png
Views:	588
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	102303   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_082.png
Views:	312
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	102304  

Last edited by twobob; 03-04-2013 at 08:23 AM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:00 AM   #546
renzokuk3n
renzokuk3n can name that ebook in five wordsrenzokuk3n can name that ebook in five wordsrenzokuk3n can name that ebook in five wordsrenzokuk3n can name that ebook in five wordsrenzokuk3n can name that ebook in five wordsrenzokuk3n can name that ebook in five wordsrenzokuk3n can name that ebook in five wordsrenzokuk3n can name that ebook in five wordsrenzokuk3n can name that ebook in five wordsrenzokuk3n can name that ebook in five wordsrenzokuk3n can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Okay...

hi,

i have a same problem for kindle 4 nt...
renzokuk3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:23 AM   #547
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by renzokuk3n View Post
hi,

i have a same problem for kindle 4 nt...

Okay let me check it on there now... ERRR. No.

I would recommend the Librerator fork for use on the 4. Let me dig that up.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=198742

I use that on my 4.

Last edited by twobob; 03-04-2013 at 08:38 AM.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:48 AM   #548
xtine
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepk View Post
xtine,
verify correct directory structure:
Code:
/mnt/us/kindlepdfviewer
/mnt/us/extensions/kpdf
And download the latest experimental KPV for touch devices
https://code.google.com/p/kindlepdfv...downloads/list
Sorry, I have no idea what you mean I did download from the link you posted though, and copied the kpdf folder under my Kindle's extension folder (was that wrong?)

The KPDF buttons showed up on KUAL so I thought I did it correctly (attaching screenshot).

Quote:
Okay...

ah yeah... Now I use kpvbooklet-package - here's the current incarnation https://code.google.com/p/kpvbooklet...a.zip&can=2&q=

BUT THE FUTURE READER should always check https://code.google.com/p/kpvbooklet...downloads/list

Now... before you do this... be aware like hawhill said this is BETA SOFTWARE... That means that it is not "SOLID" and "FOOLPROOF", it will likely do things you don't expect sometimes and things might not even work.

SO. KEEP THE UNINSTALLER. If you don't like it you can always remove it.

Installing THIS (kpvbooklet-package) will make it use kdpfviewer BY DEFAULT...

I don't actually SEE any source code for the project on code.google.com but doubtless chrox would fess some up if asked. (perhaps they are somewhere else online already) Hope that helps.
Does this mean I should install this separately now, instead of as a KUAL button? (I hope I'm using the correct terms )
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2013_03_04T21_43_08+0800.png
Views:	365
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	102305  
Old 03-04-2013, 09:07 AM   #549
twobob

yeah... this is an "extra" that bypasses the button. just leave what you have and install that as well. It wont hurt anything. you can always remove it.

To be honest I don't understand why OPEN IN DOCUMENTS wouldn't work... via KUAL.
You have to click that button ONCE and open a document for OPEN LAST DOCUMENT to work (obviously)

if you dont have SSH access to the device to see what is "wrong" with the KPDF runner then the booklet thingy would be one workaround for now until it all gets a bit more "solid"

Last edited by twobob; 03-04-2013 at 09:10 AM.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:10 AM   #550
xtine
Addict

Thanks. To uninstall a button, all I need to do is delete it from the extensions folder, right?
Old 03-04-2013, 09:11 AM   #551
twobob

yeah.

or even just rename the menu.json READ THE FAQ in the TOP POST of this thread for information on that.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:14 AM   #552
xtine
Addict

Quote:
yeah.

or even just rename the menu.json READ THE FAQ in the TOP POST of this thread for information on that.
Thanks, will do
Old 03-04-2013, 09:17 AM   #553
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtine View Post
Thanks, will do
Removing unwanted entries from menu
If you have a menu item you don't want. simply renaming the correct /mnt/us/extensions/<application name>/config.xml and menu.json to config-skip.xml and menu-skip.json will remove them from the lists next load. or delete the offending folders. your call.

there you go.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:21 AM   #554
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Quote:
KindlePDFviewer for the K2/K3/KDX is the main branch of https://github.com/hwhw/kindlepdfviewer, the version for KPW/KT is the new_ui_code branch in that repository. Github dropped support for "Downloads", so they are hosted at code.google.com.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:21 AM   #555
xtine
Addict

Quote:
Removing unwanted entries from menu
If you have a menu item you don't want. simply renaming the correct /mnt/us/extensions/<application name>/config.xml and menu.json to config-skip.xml and menu-skip.json will remove them from the lists next load. or delete the offending folders. your call.

there you go.
Thanks, useful stuff

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, kindlet, kual, launcher, launcher add-ons, paperwhite, sqlite, unified