Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-16-2012, 11:06 PM   #1
D_Tomblin
Dave
D_Tomblin began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Folder Sort Options in Windows 7 (Calibre)

OK. I'm new here, but not quite a neophyte. My question is:

I'd like to resort my library in the format as described in the Calibre preferences - Saving books to disk section:

What seems to be the default behavior is this:

{author}/{title}/{authors} - {title}

But what I want it to do is this:

{author_sort}/{title}/{authors} - {title}

Can anyone guide me to where I need to look for where to modify the way files/folders are saved?

The second piece of that would be how to reorganize the existing files/folders without completely removing the library and recreating it from scratch.

I'm open to any ideas.

Last edited by D_Tomblin; 06-16-2012 at 11:16 PM.
D_Tomblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 12:02 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Tomblin View Post
I'd like to resort my library in the format as described in the Calibre preferences - Saving books to disk section:

What seems to be the default behavior is this:

{author}/{title}/{authors} - {title}

But what I want it to do is this:

{author_sort}/{title}/{authors} - {title}

Can anyone guide me to where I need to look for where to modify the way files/folders are saved?
The Saving books to disk feature is used exclusively for exporting books from calibre. The internal structure of the calibre library is not user modifiable. All access to the database/folder structure should be done via calibre's tools and as such there is no need to modify the library structure. You can read the sticky post, Want to change the folder structure of the Calibre library? for complete details.

That said, the library can be exported in any manner you wish using the various tools for exporting books from calibre such as the Saving books to disk feature you mentioned.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 06-17-2012 at 12:04 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2012, 09:25 AM   #3
D_Tomblin
Dave
D_Tomblin began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Thanks for the tip. I suppose my only recourse is to create another column like someone else did and use that.

Looks like I broke the rules first time out of the gate, then. My apologies.
D_Tomblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:04 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Thanks for the tip. I suppose my only recourse is to create another column like someone else did and use that.
What are you trying to do with that other column. If you like you can have the Author and the Author_sort columns contain the same info.

Quote:
Looks like I broke the rules first time out of the gate, then. My apologies.
No apologies necessary and no rules broken. If you have questions ask them. The sticky posts at the top of each sub-forum have a wealth of information that is often asked so you might want to browse those prior to asking, but don't ever hesitate to ask a question.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote