Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-04-2022, 10:10 PM   #1
Nikocs
Nikocs began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite 3
Is this reversible? Jailbrake

Today i jailbrake my pw3 while it was in the version 5.14.2, so i could read manga and pdf without problems but i forgot to put it in airplane mode. While i was trying to install kual the kindle started to update while i was afk and now its on 5.14.3.0.1

What i want to know if there is something to do about it, i read that if you did a jailbrake before the update you could save it but i dont know how.

Also im not completely sure how the installation came out, i followed all steps but at the end i couldnt make kual work but i read that the problem was because my kindle was in the 5.14.2. idk what to think about it, i just thought it was worth to mention.
Nikocs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2022, 03:45 PM   #2
luketheduke
Connoisseur
luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.

Device: PW3, PW2, KT2, 2xKT, 2xK3G
Try to install the hotfix.

Download the "K5 Jailbreak Hotfix" from here.

Place it in the root of your kindle storage and navigate to settings and try to update.

Also, what happens when you type
Code:
;log mpri
into the search bar and press enter? (Make sure you type it exactly as it is. Including the semicolon.)
luketheduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2022, 04:29 PM   #3
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle PW1
;log mrpi

Not "mpri". Acronym for: MobileRead Package Installer :P
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2022, 05:45 PM   #4
Nikocs

Quote:
Originally Posted by luketheduke View Post

Place it in the root of your kindle storage and navigate to settings and try to update.

Code:
;log mpri
into the search bar and press enter? (Make sure you type it exactly as it is. Including the semicolon.)
it showed "hush, little baby. . ." in the position of the spacebar
Old 11-05-2022, 05:48 PM   #5
Nikocs

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanNS View Post
;log mrpi

with both showed the same: "hush, little baby. . ."
Advert
Old 11-05-2022, 06:23 PM   #6
Nikocs

Quote:

Code:
;log mpri
i installed the "K5 Jailbreak Hotfix" and after the update it looks the same, idk if it should say a different version in the "device info" truly im really lost :*.

how do i know if both the jailbrake and kual were properly instaled?
should i try to do a downgrade with the KUAL addon?
Old 11-05-2022, 06:31 PM   #7
luketheduke
Connoisseur
luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanNS View Post
;log mrpi

Thanks. I'm glad you caught that.
Old 11-05-2022, 06:39 PM   #8
luketheduke
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikocs View Post
i installed the "K5 Jailbreak Hotfix" and after the update it looks the same, idk if it should say a different version in the "device info" truly im really lost :*.

how do i know if both the jailbrake and kual were properly instaled?
should i try to do a downgrade with the KUAL addon?
It looks like the jailbreak was installed correctly.
If KUAL is installed, you should see a new document in you library titled "KUAL".

If it is there then your all set, otherwise follow these steps to install it.

Go back here and download "KUAL". Now extract the file and put the Update_KUALBooklet_*_install.bin file in the mrpackages folder on your kindle.

Eject your kindle and enter
Code:
;log mrpi
in the search bar and press enter. After you kindle reboots you should see a new document named "KUAL".
Old 11-05-2022, 07:20 PM   #9
Nikocs

Quote:
It looks like the jailbreak was installed correctly.
If KUAL is installed, you should see a new document in you library titled "KUAL".

If it is there then your all set, otherwise follow these steps to install it.

Go back here and download "KUAL". Now extract the file and put the Update_KUALBooklet_*_install.bin file in the mrpackages folder on your kindle.

Eject your kindle and enter
Code:
;log mrpi
in the search bar and press enter. After you kindle reboots you should see a new document named "KUAL".
It works!!! thanks, i had to install "Update_KUALBooklet_*_install.bin" and now i can see the document, thanks a lot!!!!

i still i dont know why i was having problems with the installation of kual but at least i can install the apps from here.

quick question i should leave the kindle in airplane mode?
Old 11-05-2022, 07:37 PM   #10
luketheduke
Connoisseur

I'm glad I could help.

You can either leave your kindle in airplane mode or install this extension to block updates.

To be honest, I've never kept my kindle in airplane mode, and I've never had unwanted updates. But it's probably better to be safe than sorry.
Old 11-05-2022, 07:38 PM   #11
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikocs View Post
quick question i should leave the kindle in airplane mode?
If you install and run the KUAL extension to rename the OTA binaries it should be OK to enable wifi.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jailbreak, kindlepaperwhite, paperwhite 3