Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-27-2006, 12:03 PM   #46
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloNL
I don't thinks so. Dripping sweat can't be good for my upcoming baby.
But it would be a nice addition in our gallery. Think team spirit!
Think, Ziploc Baggie!
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 12:08 PM   #47
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
Think, Ziploc Baggie!
Heeeeyyyy that's a really good idea! Thanks for that NatCh.
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2006, 12:15 PM   #48
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloNL
Heeeeyyyy that's a really good idea! Thanks for that NatCh.
I only swipe the best ideas.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:19 PM   #49
drbrain8
drbrain8 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader soon
Mmmmm..

Just ordered mine:
Estimated Ship Date: 10/25/2006

Here's hoping that Sony delivers.. with as less DRM as promised (yikes!).
drbrain8
drbrain8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 04:17 PM   #50
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Think, Ziploc Baggie!
That's a great application for the reader.... to download workout charts with exercises and weights or durations. Just download the info, put it in a baggie and run to the gym!

BTW, I actually asked Sony about the bag thing... whether or not it would hurt the device. Originally I was thinking for use in the kitchen with recipes. They couldn't promise anything, of course, but their guess was that it should be okay on the basis that it doesn't put out much heat.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2006, 02:09 PM   #51
bingle
Addict
bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony Reader
MMmmooooooooo.....

:-(

Mid-November... Bah.

Oooooommmmmm.....
bingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 02:27 PM   #52
Xtremegene
Connoisseur
Xtremegene began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500 --- Nokia n800
The Borders stores around here had better get the Reader in stock before it goes back on sale online...oooommm.
Xtremegene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 04:51 AM   #53
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
Oh great god of shipping...please change my estimate shipping date from 10/25/2006 to now. Oooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmm...oooooooooooooooommmmmmm mmm
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 08:53 AM   #54
Slava
Addict
Slava doesn't litterSlava doesn't litter

Device: PRS-500 · iPad · K3
Quote:
I only swipe the best ideas.
Hey, I was going to suggest that ... oh well ;-)
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 10:38 AM   #55
NatCh
Gizmologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava
Hey, I was going to suggest that ... oh well ;-)
I'd repeat the old saw about great minds thinking alike, but I don't wan't to insult you, Slava.
Old 10-01-2006, 03:25 PM   #56
lordvetinari2
Zealot
lordvetinari2 is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi & Galaxy Note
I just found that the Connect store are carrying the latest Pratchett's, cheaper than the harcover on Amazon UK.

Ommmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Om mani padme hum
lordvetinari2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 08:43 AM   #57
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Quote:
October 2, 2006 6:50 AM Electronic Shipping Info Received BELLEVUE, WA
Ommmmmm
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 03:46 PM   #58
tekchic
Zealot
tekchic doesn't littertekchic doesn't litter

Device: iPhone X, iPad Pro
I've had Palm's and PocketPC's for about ten years now (got first Palm Pilot Personal in 1996, and my first PocketPC 4/19/2000 the day they were released).

I've discovered that the Ziploc bag is one of the best technological inventions I've used it to read ebooks on the beach -- no sand in my device! Works great in the jacuzzi too, heh heh. So I'm guessing gallon-sized Ziploc bag for the reader?

They actually make some pretty nifty "dry bags" for gadgets now, but I haven't purchased one yet.
tekchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 06:48 PM   #59
NatCh
Gizmologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekchic
So I'm guessing gallon-sized Ziploc bag for the reader?
Hmmm. I think quart sized might do it, certainly 1/2 gallon would.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:58 AM   #60
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
My baby got stuck somewhere -_-

International Dispatch, October 07, 2006, 8:03 pm, SAN FRANCISCO AMC
Enroute, October 07, 2006, 8:02 pm, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94128
Enroute, October 06, 2006, 3:33 pm, SEATTLE, WA 98158
Acceptance, October 06, 2006, 1:09 pm, BELLEVUE, WA 98008
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote