Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-29-2011, 11:49 AM   #1
Bronwyn
Bronwyn has a spectacular aura aboutBronwyn has a spectacular aura aboutBronwyn has a spectacular aura aboutBronwyn has a spectacular aura aboutBronwyn has a spectacular aura aboutBronwyn has a spectacular aura aboutBronwyn has a spectacular aura aboutBronwyn has a spectacular aura aboutBronwyn has a spectacular aura aboutBronwyn has a spectacular aura aboutBronwyn has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo
How do I change my email address

Hi all,,
It is necessary for me to change my email address. Where do I start and in what order ?
1: Factory reset
2: Kobo account
3: A & R (Aust) account
4: ADE
5: Local library ( Yarra/Plenty)
Have I missed anything ? Thanks in advance
Bronwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:32 PM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Leave the ADE account alone--continue using the old address. If you have two different email addresses associated with the content on one device, you will have "locked content" on one or the other. When you purchase an ADE DRM encrypted book, your email address becomes part of the encryption itself. And although you can use up to 5 devices, you can have only one ADE encryption scheme per device.

Been there, done that--so this is not theoretical to me, LOL.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2011, 06:30 PM   #3
ltr
Addict
ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

Device: Kindle PW-2
I changed my email address after I had purchased a few books, and with respect to ADE I just de-authorized it and then re-authorized it and all seemed to work OK with books I had before the change. I did the eReader first by using the factory reset, and also my KOBO account.

If I remember right I had to de-authorize both the ADE program and the eReader registration to the ADE program.
CRTL + SHIFT + D = deauthorize computer and CRTL + SHIFT + E = deauthorize reader (while connected).

Last edited by ltr; 03-29-2011 at 06:33 PM.
ltr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:32 AM   #4
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You were lucky then, ltr, because Adobe even warns about this in their own material when you go to make the email address change. I purchased books from Kobo using my single account and two different ADE accounts. Kobo staff had to "fix" things on their end so that all of the books I had purchased were linked to the same ADE. This was because the ACSM's for the book were attached in different ways depending on the account email address.

See: http://forums.adobe.com/message/2672054

Last edited by taming; 03-30-2011 at 12:39 AM.
Old 04-02-2011, 12:38 PM   #5
Anthem
Guru
Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, OnePlus Nord
For future reference, ten years from now, if you change email addresses, will that be a catastrophically bad idea?
Anthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2011, 04:57 AM   #6
taming
Trying for calm & polite

Since you don't actually need to get Adobe mail at that address, you can just leave it the same forever, I suppose. Hopefully, they will sort this out so it is not an issue at some point. It seems to be one now. You would think that changing your email address would not be the same as having two separate accounts, wouldn't you?
Old 04-04-2011, 03:42 PM   #7
Anthem
Guru
Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, OnePlus Nord
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
You would think that changing your email address would not be the same as having two separate accounts, wouldn't you?
So true.
Anthem is offline   Reply With Quote