Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-26-2024, 03:21 AM   #44041
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I'm about to start my chores today. Which are a bit more than on a usual Monday, since we haven't had the time to do much over the weekend since we were helping my father unpack at my parents' new apartment.

After four day of helping unpack, one day with my aunt and uncle present, I had hoped for a lazy afternoon of cross stitching and reading. But my sister had forgotten to tell me that she made an appointment at the new house with the floor people to look at the floors, measure the rooms and look at which floor we want (we're picking up some samples at the store). So now I might be able to stitch for a little while before my sister is going to pick me up.

We did make a lot of progress at my parents' apartment. Everything that can be unpacked is now unpacked, we hadn't expected to get that far. So now my father can concentrate on electrics (replace wall sockets and switches), lighting and other electronics. They plan to move in on Thursday or Friday next week.

My aunt and uncle (yes, that pushy aunt) came to help on Saturday. They first arrive almost two hours later than they said they would. They did help, though. But I was so tired at the end of the day. Not so much physically as mentally. I think it was their voices. She's got a high pitched, grating (to me) voice and he just talks so loud. Too much for me, even for just four hours.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 03:44 AM   #44042
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Sounds like the description of a young lady's voice in a book I read years back. Something to the effect of "It was a voice you could hear across a roomful of drunks. After a while, you would rather listen to the drunks".
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 04:15 AM   #44043
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Sounds like the description of a young lady's voice in a book I read years back. Something to the effect of "It was a voice you could hear across a roomful of drunks. After a while, you would rather listen to the drunks".
That's a very good description.

Mind you, I did have some fun with them. When I was younger and really into Aerosmith my uncle would always put the band down, calling them Aeroshit (very original). I would also get comments about my earrings (currently 14). At the moment I'm really into the band Ghost (which is a "satanic" band), so I wore the band shirt where the singer, Papa IV, is flashing his rib cage and I was of course wearing my new septum piercing. I could see my uncle had soooo much trouble not commenting on the piercing and when he asked me about the band and I info dumped the Ghost lore on him he obviously disapproved of that and had even more trouble not making sarcastic comments. That made up, a little bit, for their presence.
Old 02-26-2024, 06:09 AM   #44044
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB632 [HD3]
Writing some C++. My brain hurts... coffee and a stroll... then round two with fresh eyes!
neil_swann80 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 12:11 PM   #44045
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Stoopid q?

Have you tried exporting that page, or pages, to Word/docx, first, and then copy-pasting the docx table into Excel, OR linking to it across docs, if they will occupy the same server/directory space?

Hitch
Thanks, I just have the free Adobe, so export takes me to a free trial signup. Best I can do is re-print it to a MS PDF file - Word can open that but it's a messy jumble of sections, headers, footers, page & paragraph breaks. Printing to onenote works great if all I want in a beautiful picture of the table. Online converters are out because the pdf contains personal data. Oh, and I just have Office 2016, not 365, so no Excel-to-file data connnector...
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 04:45 PM   #44046
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Battling a bug - extremely sore throat yesterday - the kind that reaches into your ears - better today - no idea how/where I got it - still mask up for all trips to stores, etc.
Oh well - better today - less sore but no energy at all.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 05:14 PM   #44047
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmmm... Is your computer's virus scanner up to date? May you be the first computer/chicken cross infection case?
Old 02-26-2024, 08:34 PM   #44048
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
Thanks, I just have the free Adobe, so export takes me to a free trial signup. Best I can do is re-print it to a MS PDF file - Word can open that but it's a messy jumble of sections, headers, footers, page & paragraph breaks. Printing to onenote works great if all I want in a beautiful picture of the table. Online converters are out because the pdf contains personal data. Oh, and I just have Office 2016, not 365, so no Excel-to-file data connnector...
If you want to send me the page or pages in PDF, I can export it ot DOCX for you. Can't guarantee any outcome, but I do have all the various and sundry required software.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 11:30 PM   #44049
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sipping a dark strong black coffee before the gears of inevitability begin their daily turning.
Old 03-04-2024, 02:52 AM   #44050
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Over the weekend I realized that by the time my sister and I have moved into our new home (mid to late June) I've been packing and moving for a full year!

A week and a half ago the movers brought the things they stored for my parents to their new apartment and I helped unpack for four days. Yesterday we also went over and helped with things that were left to do. On Friday and Saturday my parents are moving from the vacation rental into their apartment and we're there to help. Next week I'm going there for a day to help install and set up some electronics and to figure out how their intercom works.

This morning someone from the moving company is visiting my sister and I to discuss our move and look at how much things we have to move. This month we plan on sorting through our stuff; see what we want to keep and what has to be thrown away, donated or sold. And we're signing agreements for the replacement of the upstairs floors (currently every room is different) and the plasterer/painter.

I'm already fed up with they whole process, I dread another four months of this. But I'm looking forward to the new house (more space again and a big garden), and settling into a new routine. But first four more month of chaos.
Old 03-04-2024, 11:33 PM   #44051
kwik
kwik began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
What are you doing right now?

Trying to add funny subtitles to a 'serious' video. Failing badly with the humour.
kwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 01:00 PM   #44052
neil_swann80

Waiting for a 1.5kg (3.3 pounds in geriatric) beef roast to finish cooking. I'm not cooking for guests either. All mine.

Last edited by neil_swann80; 03-06-2024 at 03:12 PM.
Old 03-06-2024, 02:50 PM   #44053
Martinoptic
Bibliolater
Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
What are you cooking?
Martinoptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 03:11 PM   #44054
neil_swann80

Sorry... updated my post, was busy eating!
Old 03-06-2024, 07:53 PM   #44055
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Smelling a lamb roast in the slow cooker. Lamb, potatoes, veggies, etc. It'll be ready in about 1.5 hours.

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?