Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-17-2009, 03:23 PM   #1
Stacey34
Connoisseur
Stacey34 doesn't litterStacey34 doesn't litter

Device: Sony 505 (Red)
Shouldn't I feel guilty?! I don't!

I should not be excited about this but I have to admit that I am.
My husband left today for a 9 day annual golf trip and I am at liberty to read as much as I possibly want to with absolutely no reason to stop other then to eat and sleep. Oh yeah, there is that work thing too.
I have mentioned in past posts how he will on occasion say, why don't you put that thing down and talk to me and I ALMOST always do. Well, for the next 9 days I do not have to put it down unless I want to. YEAH ME!
Yes, I will miss him but I know that he is having a great time so I have decided to read read read while he's gone.

Thanks for understanding!

FYI: We have been married for a little over 25yrs. Just in case your curious.

Last edited by Stacey34; 03-17-2009 at 03:26 PM.
Stacey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 03:26 PM   #2
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Now you will have to make up some excuse as to why you can't talk when he calls.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2009, 03:29 PM   #3
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey34 View Post
I have mentioned in past posts how he will on occasion say, why don't you put that thing down and talk to me and I ALMOST always do.

FYI: We have been married for a little over 25yrs. Just in case your curious.
Wow... you are lucky. After 25 years most guys would be saying... why don't you read your eBook thing now dear... as he turns up the football game.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 03:33 PM   #4
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
I am on March break and have already read two books My new Sony Reader needed some breaking in...
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 03:42 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
I am on March break and have already read two books My new Sony Reader needed some breaking in...

We all understand that the more you read on your device, whichever it may be, the better it will function, and the longer the battery will last without charging.......
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2009, 03:44 PM   #6
Stacey34
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by grooks View Post
Now you will have to make up some excuse as to why you can't talk when he calls.
It is sad to say but we are a texting family. So in between page flips I'll shoot him the occasional text message. That will make him happy and I promise that when he calls I will shut it off and talk to him.
Atleast thats the plan!
Old 03-17-2009, 03:46 PM   #7
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
We all understand that the more you read on your device, whichever it may be, the better it will function, and the longer the battery will last without charging.......
That's what I keep saying

Have a blast enjoying your 9 day read-fest, Stacey34
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 04:32 PM   #8
justlizz
Connoisseur
justlizz began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 505
What you have to do is get him interested in reading also, I have been married for 32 yrs this year and in all that time all my hubby looked at was the daily paper but since we have bought a 5th wheel and go off to France for 6 weeks at a time I got him reading the Dick Francis books now when we are away I cant get him to put the book down but at least he gives me peace to read
He used to be a jockey so he does find the books interesting
lizz
justlizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 05:39 PM   #9
Yarrow
Enthusiast
Yarrow began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS500& PRS505; iPad; and Kindle
I'd love to know what you will be reading??
Yarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 10:27 AM   #10
Stacey34
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarrow View Post
I'd love to know what you will be reading??
I am actually still reading the free books I got from the Sony site from the month of February. You know, all those romance stories. I haven't purchased the first book yet. I look all the time but I guess since I have these on here I'll finish them first then buy some new ones.