Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-22-2015, 04:05 PM   #38806
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
So what are you doing RIGHT NOW?

Another fire alarm just went off in the hospital. This is nuts.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 04:14 PM   #38807
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The alarm just stopped.
Old 02-22-2015, 04:31 PM   #38808
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Another fire alarm just went off in the hospital. This is nuts.
In the world of people who manipulate cable to make their living their are some generally accepted characterizatios. Alarm guys are at the very bottom echelon. Even though all the various cables; telecommunications, data, fire, water, and alarm, alarm does weird things. For the more common alarms, they need a P.O.T.S. line to function on, but it doesn't need to be s shared. Because of this, these guys will cut into the line anywhere and not necessarily where it should be tapped.

If you're in one of these fiercely inclement weather areas, wherever the alarm company hooked in, it could be exposed to some of this unusual weather. No one would know because they've never had to deal with this before
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 03:53 AM   #38809
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Have to pee and Strider is crashed on me which he mostly has done since Arwen has been missing. Hate to disturb a cat
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 06:46 AM   #38810
Brazen_NL
Slobbering Dog
Brazen_NL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brazen_NL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brazen_NL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brazen_NL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brazen_NL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brazen_NL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brazen_NL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brazen_NL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brazen_NL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brazen_NL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brazen_NL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2/iPad/iPhone
Need help?

Just having lunch.
Brazen_NL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 08:05 AM   #38811
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I'm feeling like I've got a cold coming on; a store throat and a ringing in my ears. However, better now than a week ago, I wouldn't have liked to have a cold when I was in London!

Otherwise, I'm a bit bored and I'm not really in the mood for reading, crafting or going out to run errands.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 03:19 PM   #38812
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Alarm systems: We are having another bout of "wake up to 0 F temps" and MY fire alarms woke me up this morning too. Sympathy pains, maybe? Cue the Alfred Hitchcock theme music ....
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 05:59 PM   #38813
Brazen_NL
Slobbering Dog
Brazen_NL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brazen_NL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brazen_NL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brazen_NL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brazen_NL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brazen_NL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brazen_NL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brazen_NL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brazen_NL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brazen_NL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brazen_NL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2/iPad/iPhone
Sipping a cognac before bed.
Brazen_NL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 03:23 AM   #38814
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Preparing to go downstairs to work in half an hour. Since going to London three shipments have come in. Two not so big ones and one huge one. And my father hasn't done any checking, tagging or putting things away.

Luckily, he did finally clean up the work bench I use when dealing with shipments so working will be a lot easier.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 11:44 AM   #38815
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Alarm systems: We are having another bout of "wake up to 0 F temps" and MY fire alarms woke me up this morning too. Sympathy pains, maybe? Cue the Alfred Hitchcock theme music ....

MUST be the weather.
Old 02-24-2015, 11:54 AM   #38816
Pulpwood
Make my Day
Pulpwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, KA1 LE
Besides this game, playing mastermind online.
Pulpwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 06:51 PM   #38817
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
How to get aerobic exercise during repeated snowstorms:

Week 1:
1. Dutifully roll the trash cart down the driveway to the curb .... last Mon night.
2. Cue snowfall & ice
3. City of Durham refuses to send out trash trucks on icy roads on Tues
4. City of Durham instructs residents to leave cart at curb ... for pick-up whenever roads are deemed safe.
5. Lug trash bag down driveway nightly [Stella cat is really a dawg - she investigates the contents of all trash cans nightly]
6. Cue more snow
7. Clear path down driveway to cart at curb for nightly visits
8. No sign of trash trucks - bags spilling out of neighbors' carts onto road
9. Cue more snow
10. Continue clearing path down driveway to cart at curb.
11. Glare at Stella ...

Week 2:
Repeat steps 2-11 ... still no sign of trash truck
12. Cue more snow Wed night
13. Consider enclosing Stella inside trash bag nightly

If the snow continues, the neighborhood will be engulfed underneath a blizzard of trash bags.

N.B.
The recycling trucks had no problems emptying the recycle carts the day after the first snow .....

Hmmmm ....
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 08:09 PM   #38818
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Planning out my day. I'm going to talk with different cooking schools and see which one can give me what I need. Although I've lived in Thailand for a total of almost 15 years, I really never bothered to learn to cook Thai foods. Why would I? For a dollar I can get a plate of just about anything from restaurants or vendors on every block. It's almost cheaper to eat out than cook at home. I'd cook Italian, Mexican, German, Greek, French, Chinese, etc., etc. foods at home, but for Thai, we'd always eat out. Well, that's changed! I've gotten the Thai cooking bug, inspired by the ubiquitous 'fresh markets' located all over Thailand. There are two within a 10-minute walk of my house, but one is only open from 5am-11am. The other remains open all day. I never really paid much attention to these markets, but lately... I don't know... something has grabbed me and I want to know more!

I feel like a kid with a new toy. If you can imagine a Farmer's Market on steroids...inside an open-sided building the size of a football field, crammed chock-a-block with vendors busy grilling chickens, ducks, fish, sausage... workmen carrying in loads of freshly cut produce....others piling up fruits of every color, veggies... some so odd I can't even recognize how they are used... fresh meats, poultry, seafood...as well as stalls selling bottles, boxes, cans... vats of prepared foods, vats of prepared curry pastes (there are dozens of different Thai curry pastes...) For someone who loves to cook (Me!) or someone who loves to eat (Me!) this is like an amusement park! But I don't 'know' what half the stuff is, or how to use it. So that's my new project. I'm going to learn all about it, how to recognize and use all the different veggies, how to recognize all the different prepared foods, what each and every bottle of 'stuff' does, and how to cook it all. Here I go.....

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 05:09 PM   #38819
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

So what are you doing RIGHT NOW?

In a few minutes, my daughter will leave the hospital for a while. The next step will be a bone marrow transplant; at least that's what we're hoping. Chemo is such a drag. The bad news is that my wife's snowed in the neighborhood in Chesapeake and won't be coming to get me until at least Sunday. So I'll be going home with my daughter and her husband until then.

Had enough of daddy yet?

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 02-27-2015 at 10:28 PM.
Old 02-27-2015, 07:41 PM   #38820
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
In a few minutes, my daughter will the hospital for a while. The next step hopefully will be a bone marrow transplant; at least that's what we're hoping. Chemo is such a drag. The bad news is that My wife's snowed in the neighborhood in Chesapeake and won't be coming to get me until at least Sunday. So I'll be going home with my daughter and her husband until then.

Had enough of daddy yet?
Oh, how wonderful your daughter can go home! Even being stuck with dad a while longer can't spoil that.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?