Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 02-08-2015, 04:55 PM   #1066
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
There are several OPDS servers for Calibre, this one, this one BicBucStriim and this one Calibre2opds

Can I suggest that any new Forum be set up and named with the view to accommodating all three - eg Calibre ODPS Servers, with COPS as a subforum.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 08:41 AM   #1067
Horus68
Zealot
Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
Also, beside Sebastien, anyone who would like to help moderate the section?
I can help moderate forum!
I'm used to do that on other forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
Sounds good! Hm, we still need a logo or a small pictogram.
A logo would be a must need!
For now maybe using the image from the COPS favicon installation?
Download PNG version : https://www.dropbox.com/s/3iqcruci7c...v_png.zip?dl=0

The author and ICO version: tonev on DeviantArt - http://tonev.deviantart.com/art/Book...-ico-130700117
Horus68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2015, 08:46 AM   #1068
Horus68
Zealot
Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
There are several OPDS servers for Calibre, this one, this one BicBucStriim and this one Calibre2opds

Can I suggest that any new Forum be set up and named with the view to accommodating all three - eg Calibre ODPS Servers, with COPS as a subforum.

BR
I don't think its useful to create separated forums for other tools if there are not people to moderate them. They could end up with no attention.
Also avoid deep nested categories!
Horus68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 08:56 AM   #1069
Grishka
Grishka began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hello :-)

Today, I'm trying a new way to send books to my kindle. This idea will use three part, and almost everything is automated :
It's pretty simple :
Firts, I use COPS send by mail feature to send an ebook to the IFTTT mail adresse with a specific tag in the subjet.
Then, IFTTT send the ebook itself in a specific folder of my Drobpox.
Finaly, Kindle-box see the file, convert it and send it to my Kindle on my kindle's adress.

But... there is always a but. Kindle-box can take a grat variety of formats (.epub, .mobi, .pdf, .azw) but not the .azw3. Sadely, all my book within Calibre exist in two formats only : .epub and .azw3.

So I have modified the book.php file, and more specificaly the public function GetMostInterestingDataToSendToKindle so it send epub in priority.
Then I've change the $mail->Subject in sendtomail.php to add the famous tag that trigger IFTTT.

And that work ! It requiere a little work at the begining, but using COPS from my NAS, so from any brower in the world, I can send my books to my Kindle, without having to have a third file's format to store. Basically, I could run with .epub only

PS :
There is one other way, without IFTTT on a Synology NAS : just add Dropbox in Cloud Sync, and then sync only the Kindle-box folder.
The user just have to take an epub book (or other format) and place it in the folder.
Grishka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 06:35 PM   #1070
Afrosheen
Afrosheen began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Digital Book Reader PRS-950
Hi,

I'm wondering if I can edit the config_local.php file so that I can set a custom port number from where I can access this server. I have my Calibre database hosted on my QNAP NAS and I currently host a few sites from my Mac Mini and I need to dedicate port 80 to the Mac Mini.

Any help here is sincerely appreciated. I would love to have both running.
Afrosheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2015, 03:40 AM   #1071
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
Short answer: No you can not set a port number in config_local.php

Do you want to reach COPS (QNAp NAS) from inside or outside of your own LAN?
Inside your LAN: just use the IP op your QNAP
Outside your LAN:
- just use http://<your-wan-ip>:[portnumber]/cops
- use port forwarding in your router
+ forward [portnumber] to [80] for <LAN-IP-number-of-your-QNAP>
+ [portnumber] is for instance [10080]

This works for me.

Think about securing your access with a password.
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 04:10 PM   #1072
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horus68 View Post
I can help moderate forum!
I'm used to do that on other forums
I will PM you ASAP.

Quote:
For now maybe using the image from the COPS favicon installation?
Download PNG version : https://www.dropbox.com/s/3iqcruci7c...v_png.zip?dl=0
That will do, thanks.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 03:08 AM   #1073
303 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Hi,

Could you please advise me on what to enable to access my Calibre Library outside the cops folder?

This should likely be in the FAQ, but the synology example isn't sufficient.

- location is /Users/username/Dropbox/Calibre\ Library/
- setting open_basedir to /Users/username/Sites/:/Users/username/Dropbox/Calibre\ Library/ did not work.

Thanks in advance for your help.
303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 09:04 AM   #1074
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Regrettably it is NOT possible to enable access to a Calibre Database folder inside of the "homes" folder.

It is however possible to enable access to a Calibre Database outside of the COPS webfolder:
- create a new folder "calibre" inside the "/volume1" folder
- put your Calibre Database inside this folder
- Setting open_basedir = "/volume1/calibre/"
- in config_local.php point to this folder
$config['calibre_directory'] = '/volume1/calibre/cops/';

And for me it worx!
Old 02-26-2015, 12:18 AM   #1075

@mariosipad

I can do that (move cops to the calibre dir, then use open_basedir), but then my web server doesn't try to serve it. How do you route a path to cops on that external folder?
Old 02-26-2015, 11:14 AM   #1076
mariosipad
Guru

1 - leave COPS in "/volume1/web"
2 - put Calibre database and pubs in "/volume1/calibre/books1"
3 - edit file /volume1/web/cops/config_local.php
the relevant setting after editing should look like this:
Code:
$config['calibre_directory'] = '/volume1/calibre/books1/';
Hope this helps.
Old 02-26-2015, 03:18 PM   #1077

I've got that part covered...but I think my problem is actually on the apache / httpd side of things. Right now my mac can serve two folders

~username/Sites/*
/Library/Webserver/Documents/*

How can I get it to serve this folder you specify instead?
Old 02-26-2015, 06:21 PM   #1078
mariosipad
Guru

Now I'm a bit confused.

I was under the impression you wanted to get COPS to work on a Synology, but now I think you want it to work on a mac?

I never tried it (on a mac, though I type this on a mac) but:
- put COPS-files in ~username/Sites/cops
- put calibre-database and epub files anywhere you want on one of your internal hard disks. (for instance on ~/username/calibre)
Code:
$config['calibre_directory'] = '/Users/username/calibre/';
Then try to connect to it in a browser using:
http://<ip-of-your-mac>/cops

If there are errors, what is the output of:
http://localhost/cops/checkconfig.php ?
Old 02-28-2015, 04:42 AM   #1079
ajaynagpal2k
ajaynagpal2k began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Post Calibre on Intel based QNAP

Hi All,

I am a simple user with zero programming knowledge. I have surfed multitudes of forums, but could not find a solution to my problem and hence this post. My apologies if the solution exists elsewhere - in that case, request you to direct me to the appropriate area.

As I said, I have "zero" programming knowledge. I want to install Calibre as a e-book content server on my Intel based QNAP NAS.

Any step by step advise would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Ajay
ajaynagpal2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 01:37 AM   #1080
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Is this a question about COPS or calibre itself?

The directions for COPS are at the bottom of the page linked in the first post. If there is anything specific that you feel is unclear, feel free to ask.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre opds, dns, kobo aura, synology