Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-25-2010, 11:23 AM   #16
JaneD
Addict
JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013
Hmmm, I'm interested to see how many of you just take the books off your kindle once you're done with them. You've inspired me to delete a couple that I've read & am pretty sure I'll never want to crack open again.

Unfortunately I'm a bit of a pack rat and find it hard to get rid of things, even when I'm finished with them. That was one of the appeals of the Kindle: I could keep so much stuff on it in such a small space.
JaneD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 02:20 PM   #17
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I've also added two more collections: Read and Reading. Read is for books that I've finished and Reading holds the books I'm currently reading. That way I can stay in Collection view and easily find my current selections.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2010, 02:27 PM   #18
PG4003
Addict
PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW I & II, Kindle Voyage, Fire HD 7", Fire HD 8.9"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickering View Post
I like having a "read" folder so I can keep track of the number of books I've completed on my Kindle.
I pretty much consider my Archives as my "read" folder. Once I read something, I archive it. Almost everything I read is from Amazon so they are all there.
PG4003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 03:55 PM   #19
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Current reading
PDFs (camera and electronics manuals mostly)
To be read (a handful of mostly public domain non-Amazon titles)
Samples (I usually read the sample before purchasing anything from Amazon)
Dictionaries/Catalogs/Reference (everything else)

Plus 5 dummy Collections to pad the total out to 10 and fill the first Collections view page. This lets me access uncategorized material (new items and calibre newsfeeds) more quickly by clicking Next Page rather than having to hop over categories.

When I'm done reading something, I remove it from my Kindle and replace it with something new to read.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 06:51 PM   #20
NavyDad6
Reading is FUNdamental
NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 2
I do the same PG4003.

As soon as I am done reading something, I remove from device and keep in the archives. Just that neat freak side of my personality. but I do keep all e-books on my computer so I don't have to be in whispernet range for re-download.

Whispernet coverage is spotty in the middle of the Pacific or Indian Oceans.
NavyDad6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2010, 09:59 PM   #21
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneD View Post
Hmmm, I'm interested to see how many of you just take the books off your kindle once you're done with them. You've inspired me to delete a couple that I've read & am pretty sure I'll never want to crack open again.

Unfortunately I'm a bit of a pack rat and find it hard to get rid of things, even when I'm finished with them. That was one of the appeals of the Kindle: I could keep so much stuff on it in such a small space.
I'm definately a neat freak, but I too remove the book as soon as I finish reading it. I update Calibre to show it has been read, and rate the book.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:13 PM   #22
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Since 99% of my book are *not* from Amazon I find a "Read" folder helpful. It also reminds me to rate the book in Calibre so that I know at a glance which books I've read.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 03:05 AM   #23
Rob612
Rob612 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Being a big fan of several authors and reading mostly novels i try to keep them by AUthor's name. Then i have a few spare categories containing more dedicate or specialized readin materials.

More specifically, my "dedicate" collections are

.Music
.Animals
.Photography
.US History
.International History

Thats about it... for now
Rob612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 01:50 PM   #24
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMomof2 View Post
Since 99% of my book are *not* from Amazon I find a "Read" folder helpful. It also reminds me to rate the book in Calibre so that I know at a glance which books I've read.
Ah, that is brilliant! I delete the book so quickly, sometimes I have to rack my brain to remember which book I recently finished. K for you, and a new collection for me! (I too get most of my books outside of Amazon)
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 04:25 PM   #25
Cataphonic
Cataphonic began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Since I had to narrowing it down to 1 page, I had to join several categories.
Here goes:

*Non Fiction
*Reference
*Biography
*Sci-fi & Fantasy
*Now Reading
*Mystery, Crime & Horror
*Humor
*Philosophy, Religion & Spiritual
*Other Fiction, Short Stories & Essays
*History
Cataphonic is offline   Reply With Quote