Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-23-2009, 05:40 PM   #1
kmvargo
kmvargo began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Talking 505 Lighted Cover Sale

I stopped in at the Elyria, OH Target store today and picked up the lighted cover for my 505 for $16.24 + tax. All Targets are not the same on mark downs but make sure to check all the endcaps around the electronic section. I found mine near the edge of Electronics and Health & Beauty.
kmvargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 07:34 PM   #2
kezza
Lowlife of the Party
kezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura about

Device: nook, iphone
Jealous! I bought mine for $35 from a forum member, in like-new condition, and thought I got a great deal. I'm still pretty happy that I didn't pay $70, so I suppose it's all good in the end.
kezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 02:39 AM   #3
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmvargo View Post
I stopped in at the Elyria, OH Target store today and picked up the lighted cover for my 505 for $16.24 + tax. All Targets are not the same on mark downs but make sure to check all the endcaps around the electronic section. I found mine near the edge of Electronics and Health & Beauty.
I hope my nearest San Diego Target marks them down to that soon; they've had the same half dozen or so covers marked at $32.48 for a couple weeks. I checked them Thursday on one of their price scanners and they were still $32.48.
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 01:20 PM   #4
Knitnpurl
Knitnpurl is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-505 (red), Sony PRS-300 (silver)
I picked one up yesterday at my Target and it was still $32.48. I debated waiting to see if they would come down any more, but then I figured 50% off in and of itself is a great deal, and I'm very happy with it.
Knitnpurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 08:31 AM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
I'm checking the Target store near Chantilly, VA tomorrow
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 11:13 AM   #6
LilMissMarie
LilMissMarie began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505 (red)
wish i could get one right now. but i had enough trouble scraping together the money just for the reader. i did however get a pink leather one for 75 % off at Borders. a $10 well spent. the lighted ones here are 32.48 still. just marked down to that on Friday. there was only 3 though. so i hope i can get one before they are gone.
LilMissMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 04:29 PM   #7
Katosen
Nerd Core
Katosen began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
I know the Pensacola Target had them marked down to 32.48 as well. While half that would've been better, they only had 3 covers left, i wasn't going to wait for them to mark them down further.

Best $30 I have spent lately haha
Katosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 09:50 AM   #8
jedavis1
Zealot
jedavis1 doesn't litterjedavis1 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505
I know Staples was selling their lighted covers for $12.50.
jedavis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 02:33 PM   #9
duckeedoug
Zealot
duckeedoug doesn't litterduckeedoug doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS 505
Just so that all know, target will continue to mark items down weekly until the item sale. If the item does not sale by the final markdown the item will be sold to a bulk third party vendor.

For example my target in Lincoln, Ca last week had the covers on clearance for $32.xx, today the covers are on clearance for $16.xx next week the cover will be $8.xx if the $16.xx is not the lowest clearance price that Target is authorized to go.

Also it need to be said that this is not a sale but a clearance move by Target. Once teh clearance items are sold out there will be no more to be had at that particular target.

There are lots of deals to be had at Target in general, just look for teh red clearance stickets. The same item may not be on clearance at all targets are for even teh same clearance price. It depend on when the item was put on clearance, how well it is selling at a particular clearance price, and how bad the shelf space is needed.

Last week I paid $32.xx for a cover at my target, returned it today and bought two covers for $16.xx
duckeedoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 02:50 PM   #10
dieterpops
Addict
dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.

Device: Always in flux
When the last number ends in "4", that's the final markdown number. Looks like $16.24 will be the lowest you will find at a Target.
dieterpops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 08:17 PM   #11
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
I stopped in at the Elyria, OH Target store today ...
Howdy, Elyria! You're up near where my folks live!

My most recent check in Columbus, OH is still at the 32.98 price. I've already got one, but have a friend with a 505 who still wants one, but doesn't want the 33.00 price.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 09:22 PM   #12
duckeedoug
Zealot

If possible always try to scan the UPC with one of the stores self service units. The red tag is not always the lowest price or the price reflected in the store's inventory system.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:27 PM   #13
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckeedoug View Post
If possible always try to scan the UPC with one of the stores self service units. The red tag is not always the lowest price or the price reflected in the store's inventory system.
I do that every time; I approach the scanner with high expectations only to be disappointed when the price comes up $32.84. I'm going to try again tomorrow or Wednesday, maybe I'll be lucky this time!
Old 11-10-2009, 09:23 PM   #14
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie

Talking Patience Pays Off!!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaCat View Post
I hope my nearest San Diego Target marks them down to that soon; they've had the same half dozen or so covers marked at $32.48 for a couple weeks. I checked them Thursday on one of their price scanners and they were still $32.48.
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckeedoug View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaCat View Post
I do that every time; I approach the scanner with high expectations only to be disappointed when the price comes up $32.84. I'm going to try again tomorrow or Wednesday, maybe I'll be lucky this time!
Finally, the Target at Balboa & Genesee marked those six lighted covers down to $16.24, didn't even have to check at the scanner! I didn't think twice before I grabbed two in untorn boxes and headed directly to the checkout. Yayyyyyy!! For anyone else in San Diego there were four more in torn boxes.

I hope my Dad likes his, if not I'll be offering it in the Flea Market.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:57 PM   #15
duckeedoug
Zealot

Congrats on your new found covers. They are really great covers, especially given the price. Now if they would just lower the price of the 505 readers - this would be a no-brainer for Christmas gifts.