Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-26-2013, 11:37 PM   #1
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Calibre is stuck converting this book

I was able to add this book to Calibre, and I can view it on Calibre. But when I tried to convert it to mobi, it gets stuck. I tried several times, and it keeps getting stuck at 1%. Can anyone tell what is going on?
Spoiler:
Convert book 1 of 1 (Mine, All Mine)
Failed to initialize plugin: Kindle and Mobipocket DeDRM (0, 4, 18)
Failed to initialize plugin: u'C:\\Users\\Debra\\AppData\\Roaming\\calibre\\plu gins\\Kindle and Mobipocket DeDRM.zip'
Resolved conversion options
calibre version: 0.9.16
{'asciiize': False,
'author_sort': None,
'authors': None,
'base_font_size': 0.0,
'book_producer': None,
'change_justification': u'original',
'chapter': u"//*[((name()='h1' or name()='h2') and re:test(., 'chapter|book|section|part|prologue|epilogue\\s+', 'i')) or @class = 'chapter']",
'chapter_mark': u'pagebreak',
'comments': None,
'cover': u'C:\\Users\\Debra\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calibre_ 0.9.16_tmp_k8mk8f\\k8wl45.jpeg',
'debug_pipeline': None,
'dehyphenate': True,
'delete_blank_paragraphs': True,
'disable_font_rescaling': False,
'dont_split_on_page_breaks': False,
'duplicate_links_in_toc': False,
'embed_font_family': None,
'enable_heuristics': True,
'epub_flatten': False,
'extra_css': None,
'extract_to': None,
'filter_css': u'',
'fix_indents': True,
'flow_size': 260,
'font_size_mapping': None,
'format_scene_breaks': True,
'html_unwrap_factor': 0.4,
'input_encoding': None,
'input_profile': <calibre.customize.profiles.InputProfile object at 0x0000000004CEB160>,
'insert_blank_line': False,
'insert_blank_line_size': 0.5,
'insert_metadata': True,
'isbn': None,
'italicize_common_cases': True,
'keep_ligatures': False,
'language': None,
'level1_toc': None,
'level2_toc': None,
'level3_toc': None,
'line_height': 0.0,
'linearize_tables': False,
'margin_bottom': 5.0,
'margin_left': 5.0,
'margin_right': 5.0,
'margin_top': 5.0,
'markup_chapter_headings': True,
'max_toc_links': 50,
'minimum_line_height': 120.0,
'no_chapters_in_toc': False,
'no_default_epub_cover': False,
'no_inline_navbars': False,
'no_svg_cover': False,
'output_profile': <calibre.customize.profiles.KindleOutput object at 0x0000000004CEB710>,
'page_breaks_before': u"//*[name()='h1' or name()='h2']",
'prefer_metadata_cover': False,
'preserve_cover_aspect_ratio': False,
'pretty_print': True,
'pubdate': None,
'publisher': None,
'rating': None,
'read_metadata_from_opf': u'C:\\Users\\Debra\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calibre_ 0.9.16_tmp_k8mk8f\\qas6rb.opf',
'remove_fake_margins': True,
'remove_first_image': False,
'remove_paragraph_spacing': False,
'remove_paragraph_spacing_indent_size': 1.5,
'renumber_headings': True,
'replace_scene_breaks': u'',
'search_replace': '[]',
'series': None,
'series_index': None,
'smarten_punctuation': False,
'sr1_replace': None,
'sr1_search': None,
'sr2_replace': None,
'sr2_search': None,
'sr3_replace': None,
'sr3_search': None,
'start_reading_at': None,
'subset_embedded_fonts': False,
'tags': None,
'timestamp': None,
'title': None,
'title_sort': None,
'toc_filter': None,
'toc_threshold': 6,
'unsmarten_punctuation': False,
'unwrap_lines': True,
'use_auto_toc': False,
'verbose': 2}
InputFormatPlugin: MOBI Input running
on C:\Users\Debra\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_0.9.16_t mp_k8mk8f\ouzsz_.azw3
Found KF8 MOBI of type 'standalone'
Extracting text...
KF8 has no metadata Table of Contents
Parsing all content...
Parsing styles/0001.css ...
Parsing text/part0000.html ...
********* Heuristic processing HTML *********
replaced 1352 nbsp indents with inline styles
There are 231 blank lines. 0.112682926829 percent blank
minimum chapters required are: 8
found 34 pre-existing headings
Total wordcount is: 54401, Average words per section is: 1600, Marked up 34 chapters
Hard line breaks check returned False
Median line length is 291, calculated with html format
Fixing hyphenated content
Formatting scene breaks
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:59 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
What's happening is you have come across your first book that may take some time to convert. It is not stuck, Heuristic processing can take some time. Start the conversion and let it run.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:02 PM   #3
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks. I have left it for 20 minutes, and then gave up. I will let it run tonight.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:21 PM   #4
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

I really think there is some issue. Usually, my books take 1-2 minutes. This one has been going for 1300 minutes, and still just says the same thing. It is an AZW3, but I have converted a lot of those.

Any ideas of what could be the problem?
Old 01-27-2013, 09:38 PM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
I really think there is some issue. Usually, my books take 1-2 minutes. This one has been going for 1300 minutes, and still just says the same thing. It is an AZW3, but I have converted a lot of those.
Is the job log at the exact same, "Formatting scene breaks", spot?

I've had some books take 6 hours to complete and others have reported the occasional 24 hour run.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:48 PM   #6
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
Is the job log at the exact same, "Formatting scene breaks", spot?

I've had some books take 6 hours to complete and others have reported the occasional 24 hour run.
Yes, it is exactly the same. What kind of a book took 6 hours? This is just a 350 page fiction book - isn't anything out of the ordinary.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:50 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Turn off heuristic processing and see what happens. Or you could just read it as is on your Kindle.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:57 PM   #8
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Yes, it is exactly the same.
I guess it may be actually stuck. I've never heard of a book not ending in completion or an error, with the exception of PDF conversions.

Quote:
What kind of a book took 6 hours? This is just a 350 page fiction book - isn't anything out of the ordinary.
Each of the three "The Inheritance Cycle" series books. Fiction books between 500 and 750 pages long, but I didn't run heuristics on the books.

Try as JSWolf suggests and run the conversion with heuristic processing off.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:43 PM   #9
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Turn off heuristic processing and see what happens. Or you could just read it as is on your Kindle.
Thanks DoctorOhh and JSWolf. Turned it off, and it converted in 22 seconds. I think I originally turned it on to try and get pdf conversion to look a little better. Is there any reason to use it? Do you use it on every book?

And I did go to manage my kindle and send it to my PW. I just like to solve problems, and heuristic processing was it!
Old 01-28-2013, 08:02 PM   #10
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Is there any reason to use it? Do you use it on every book?
I rarely use it, I only use it when I want to accomplish a specific task with a book that needs fixing.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:08 PM   #11
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

Thanks! Since I now use Mobipocket to convert pdfs, I guess there is no reason.