Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 11-29-2012, 04:06 PM   #1
alscraft
alscraft began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Files not reading correctly on my Nook

I have a simple Nook and have been enjoying it for almost 12 months. I have recently discovered a problem with one ebook file. All other files including ones purchased at the same time are OK.

I organise my ebooks on Calibre. Then I transfer books to my Nook and/or my husband's Nook as required. One book has a file size of 1.5MB. It has 800+ pages. If I read the book on my laptop through Calibre, the file is correct. If I connect my Nook to the laptop and read the Nook file through Calibre, the file is correct.

However, if I try and use the Nook to read the file it only has 430 pages of content. Bits are missing from the prologue and it ends early.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Allyson
alscraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:23 PM   #2
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by alscraft View Post
I have a simple Nook and have been enjoying it for almost 12 months. I have recently discovered a problem with one ebook file. All other files including ones purchased at the same time are OK.

I organise my ebooks on Calibre. Then I transfer books to my Nook and/or my husband's Nook as required. One book has a file size of 1.5MB. It has 800+ pages. If I read the book on my laptop through Calibre, the file is correct. If I connect my Nook to the laptop and read the Nook file through Calibre, the file is correct.

However, if I try and use the Nook to read the file it only has 430 pages of content. Bits are missing from the prologue and it ends early.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Allyson
Use Calibre to convert the book from ePub to ePub. That will correct any formatting errors in the book.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2012, 12:01 AM   #3
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by alscraft View Post

Any ideas?

Cheers
Allyson
Please read this thread you may have the same problem.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote