Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 06-07-2012, 09:00 AM   #1
johneverson
Zealot
johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad
Red face NIGHTWHERE - "an erotic horrorfest you won't be able to put down!"

UPDATE NOV. 21, 2015: NightWhere is on sale for 99 cents this week! Original release post follows...

This week, my 6th erotic horror novel, NightWhere was released in e-book format (the trade paperback will be out in stores this October). There is already a 5-star Amazon review that says: "I devoured this book yesterday. Has to be my BEST read of 2012. John Everson knocked it out the ball park with this book. He takes you into a very dark and sin filled world."

NightWhere is my first release from the new horror imprint of Samhain Publishing headed up by Don D’Auria, the editor for my first five novels at Leisure Books. Now that Leisure’s 40-year run as a mass market paperback publisher has ended, Samhain has picked up the horror flag, and I’m proud to be part of this new line.

Back when I was first starting to write and submit fiction to magazines, Lucy Taylor (who won a Bram Stoker Award for her novel The Safety of Unknown Cities) was one of my writing idols. She penned some amazingly evocative, twisted prose, and was frequently cited as the “Queen of Erotic Horror.” So I’m really psyched that she agreed to read – and provide a blurb – for the cover of NightWhere. Only a snippet appears on the cover, but here’s the full text that she wrote:

“One thing John Everson’s many fans already know — he’s a writer who does nothing by half-measures. And Nightwhere, his latest foray into sex, sadism, and the supernatural, takes the reader on a nail-biting ride into the depths of bloodlust and sexual obsession.

On the surface, Rae and Mark might seem just your ‘average’ swingers, out to spice up their marriage with some kinky thrills. Little does Mark realize that while his idea of a wild time might be sex with a couple of hotties and a light whipping, Rae’s tastes are infinitely more perverse. And while Mark fights desperately to save Rae from the thrall of Nightwhere, aided in his quest by the mysterious Selena, Rae learns how to test the limits of taking and dishing out pain–and finds herself terrifyingly adept at both! Addicted to the rush of sex and slaughter and spurred on by a malevolent mentor named Kharon, she descends into a nightmare realm of depravity and mayhem.

A master of twisted imagery, Everson doesn’t shy away from graphic gore: Nightwhere is an erotic horrorfest you won’t be able to put down!”

I hope you'll take a look at NightWhere at:
* Amazon
* Barnes & Noble
* Samhain

There is also an excerpt from the book posted on the Samhain site.

Last edited by johneverson; 11-21-2015 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Posted proper sized image: height- 270 width -180
johneverson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 12:08 PM   #2
johneverson
Zealot
johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Lured by Lust. Seduced by the Dark. How far would you go?

Last week I posted a guest blog on my publisher's site (Samhain) about the "Lure of the Forbidden" that attracts us all. Whether that lure is to gamble, to drive faster than the speed limit, or to have sex with your neighbor, we all feel some pull to "bend the rules."

The post also includes some discussion about my new novel for Samhain called NightWhere, which is the ultimate destination for those lured by the dark side of sex. I hope MobileRead readers will take a read of the blog! It lives here:

http://www.samhainpublishing.com/201...-would-you-go/.
Old 08-08-2012, 11:48 PM   #3
johneverson
Zealot

NightWhere getting great reviews!

NightWhere, my 6th erotic horror novel, has been getting some of the best reviews of my career since its release in June. Currently there are 11 reviews for the book on Amazon, and all of them are 4 or 5-star reviews! I especially love the title of the most recent review there which says, "NightWhere is a batshit crazy, hot, wet ride into hell!"

BloodyDisgusting.com reviewed the book last week and said: "At times NightWhere is very scary…because this is a novel that can go anywhere. And it does."

A GoodReads.com review said NightWhere was "Hellraiser meets 50 Shades..."

Another GoodReads review said: "Nothing I have ever read by Everson prepared me for the ride he took me on in NightWhere. The power and revulsion of the scenes in the book and the descent of the characters into an almost unimaginable world were something I could have never conceived. At the same time I could not put it down. The characters are so well drawn and their actions so believable that scenes from the book recur in my thoughts regularly. Very moving experience."

Finally, a recent Amazon review summed up a reader's experience with the book nicely:

"Have you ever read the last page of a book then turn the page and realize that there's nothing else so you go back and re-read the last page again thinking maybe something else will materialize after you turn the page AGAIN? Well, um, me either, I totally wouldn't do something crazy like that. Okay, fine, I did.

This book was my first "horror" book. I had no idea what to expect. I mean, I had envisioned Nightmare on Elm Street kind of horror. But what I got was suspense, mystery, erotica, maybe a bit of fantasy or Sci-fi. I'm not sure, but it all rolled up into a wicked page turner. I hated putting this book down. *shakes fist at family obligations* Of course there was gore, and blood, but it wasn't over the top. I didn't feel icky when it came along. It was almost matter-of-fact, but not, because it was kind of a big player in the book.

The characters were all fascinating. They all had a little bit of character development enough that you got them, figured them out and either hated them or REALLY disliked them. There wasn't really a person you rooted for. You just wanted to know what happened next with each character.

After finishing this book I was left with the "wow" feeling, followed closely by the.."omg, what happens next" feeling. I really hate that feeling. Please let there be a sequel."

I never intended to write a sequel to this novel, however several people have asked me if there's going to be one over the past few weeks. I guess I'll have to start thinking about it!

In the meantime, I hope more readers from this forum who enjoy erotic horror will take a look at NightWhere. It's available to sample or download from:

Amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/NightWhere-ebook/dp/B0083K12W4/

Barnes & Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/nigh...=9781609286446

Kobo: http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/Night...AiQ/page1.html

Sony: http://ebookstore.sony.com/ebook/joh...00000000695458

Samhain (the publisher): http://store.samhainpublishing.com/n...re-p-6803.html
Old 09-16-2012, 10:04 AM   #4
johneverson
Zealot

SCREAM Magazine has just posted an interview with me about why we (horror writers and readers) love the dark side, why villains in fiction are so attractive (sometimes more so than the heroes) and about how I came to write my sixth novel, NIGHTWHERE.

You can read it here: http://www.screamhorror.com/2012/09/...n-interviewed/
Old 01-24-2013, 10:24 PM   #5
johneverson
Zealot

NightWhere has made the preliminary ballot for the HWA Bram Stoker Awards this year! There's still another round of voting to see if it will make the final ballot... but it's a big step that it made it this far! The final ballot will be announced in about a month. You can see all of the nominees here:

http://www.horror.org/blog/?p=3029

Tags
erotic horror, horror, horror ebook, sexually explicit