Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-15-2012, 04:13 PM   #1
rahe
rahe began at the beginning.

Device: none
odt with footnotes to pdb

Converting odt document to epub format includes footnotes correctly.

Converting the same document to pdb format includes footnotes numbering in the text but without links and the list of footnotes at the end of the doc is without numbering.

This is my first touch with Calibre. Did I forget to set some preferences? Calibre is 0.8.35 at Mac OS X.
rahe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 06:05 PM   #2
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahe View Post
...Converting the same document to pdb format ...
PDB is not an ebook format. It is a Palm Database container format. There have been a number of ebook formats that have used the PDB container. Calibre supports two of these old formats, PalmDOC (originally known as AportisDOC) and Palm Reader. Which of these are you trying to create?

Its possible that the format you are converting to does not support hypertext links.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2012, 06:05 AM   #3
rahe
rahe began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwig View Post
PDB is not an ebook format. It is a Palm Database container format. There have been a number of ebook formats that have used the PDB container. Calibre supports two of these old formats, PalmDOC (originally known as AportisDOC) and Palm Reader. Which of these are you trying to create?

Its possible that the format you are converting to does not support hypertext links.
I left default output format (doc) when converting to pdb. So I changed it to ereader but now non ascii characters are garbled. I tried different input/output encoding with no avail. Checked within calibre gui application.

The text is ok with input/output utf-8/utf-8 and format doc or ztxt.
rahe is offline   Reply With Quote