Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-13-2007, 04:04 PM   #1
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Just in at the Connect Store: The NIV Bible!

For those who have commented over the last ~10 months about the absence of the Bible from the ConnStore's listings, wonder no more -- they have added an NIV translation of the Bible to their offerings. I don't know how long it's been there, but there it is: http://ebooks.connect.com/product/40...000050202.html

Published by Zondervan, no less.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 04:09 PM   #2
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad4
Got it, Thanks! I just wrote them yesterday asking for this. I'm sure that's not why it is there but I am thankful.
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2007, 04:12 PM   #3
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hey, you never know, edbro -- we've asked them for it before (some directly, some just ranting here), maybe you were the one who tipped the balance.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:22 PM   #4
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Okay, initial impressions:

a. Navigation is pretty good. All books and individual chapters are hyperlinked. The notes are also hyperlinked but, after jumping to a note, I don't see a way to resume back to the text you were reading.

b. Slow! I guess that's to be expected with a nearly 10MB book.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:26 PM   #5
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Try using the back button (left arrow) to go back.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2007, 04:27 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by edbro View Post

a. Navigation is pretty good. All books and individual chapters are hyperlinked. The notes are also hyperlinked but, after jumping to a note, I don't see a way to resume back to the text you were reading.

Use the history back function. File size doesn't affect LRF files. If it's slow, then it's badly made.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 04:31 PM   #7
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
For those who have commented over the last ~10 months about the absence of the Bible from the ConnStore's listings, wonder no more -- they have added an NIV translation of the Bible to their offerings. I don't know how long it's been there, but there it is: http://ebooks.connect.com/product/40...000050202.html

Published by Zondervan, no less.
I was almost afraid to click on that link at the Connect store - the one that said "Author's Page"!...

Quote:
Exodus 33:20 (New International Version)
20 But," he said, "you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live."
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 04:44 PM   #8
NatCh
Gizmologist

I found the label on that link quite amusing too, Bob.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:53 PM   #9
LaughingVulcan
Technophile
LaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-650 Sony, Nook Simpletouch, more legacy gear than I can remember
Now I know what I'm getting with the next chunk of my credit...
Though I wonder if NRSV would be coming (I prefer NRSV over NIV, but that's just me.)
But I'll give it a shot anyway.
LaughingVulcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 09:54 PM   #10
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Connect adds NIV Holy Bible

This was not listed yesterday, when I purchased a book.

Has anyone had a chance to look at this, and to see what links (if any) exist?

Don

Last edited by JSWolf; 08-14-2007 at 10:31 PM. Reason: merged cause it really belongs here
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:28 PM   #11
edbro
Banned

See here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12848
Old 08-14-2007, 10:32 PM   #12
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by edbro View Post
Thanks for the link you provided.

....but does anyone own Connect's version? I'm very curious about the links (if any) and how they re introduced into the body of the text, in addition to the ToC.

Don

ADDED: Since my post was moved, I was able to read the other posts/comments.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:43 PM   #13
edbro
Banned

In that link I mentioned that I purchased the Connect version and I gave a mini-review:
Quote:

Old 08-14-2007, 10:58 PM   #14
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The way to navigate back is to hit history back and you'll go back.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 08:28 AM   #15
NatCh
Gizmologist

Yeah, that was mentioned in posts 5 & 6, JSWolf.