Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-28-2012, 11:07 AM   #76
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Good afternoon!
Does KindleNote work with Kindle Touch?
Thanks a lot!!
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:13 AM   #77
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
Good afternoon!
Does KindleNote work with Kindle Touch?
Thanks a lot!!
When I run it on my KT, it says "This device is not authorized as a test Kindle by the developer of this item. Please contact the develope." obviously because the bin file are not made for Touch. Is there any work around?
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2012, 11:18 AM   #78
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cscat View Post
When I run it on my KT, it says "This device is not authorized as a test Kindle by the developer of this item. Please contact the develope." obviously because the bin file are not made for Touch. Is there any work around?
That message means that your app was signed with a developer key that is not in your kindle key store. Different apps are signed with different developer keys. Be sure to install PoP's merged developer key store, which combines keys for all known apps. It is available in the sticky, which currently points here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=152294

Beware that some apps replace the entire merged key store with their own key, which breaks all your other installed apps that use different keys. If that happens, reinstall the merged key store. If that breaks your new app, please notify the app developer and/or PoP so that this new key can be added to the merged key store.

Last edited by geekmaster; 01-29-2012 at 11:24 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:03 PM   #79
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
That message means that your app was signed with a developer key that is not in your kindle key store. Different apps are signed with different developer keys. Be sure to install PoP's merged developer key store, which combines keys for all known apps. It is available in the sticky, which currently points here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=152294

Beware that some apps replace the entire merged key store with their own key, which breaks all your other installed apps that use different keys. If that happens, reinstall the merged key store. If that breaks your new app, please notify the app developer and/or PoP so that this new key can be added to the merged key store.

Oh thanks! It seems this can't be run on Touch (I know apps for K4 and KT are not executable for each other but just wanted to confirm!) Another error is prompted.
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:10 PM   #80
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cscat View Post
Oh thanks! It seems this can't be run on Touch (I know apps for K4 and KT are not executable for each other but just wanted to confirm!) Another error is prompted.
For apps that use .azw packages that you copy to your documents folder, you need a matching key in your combined developer key store.

For apps that install with update*.bin packages, they need to contain a file header for your model of kindle, and they must be signed with a the update key installed by the jailbreak, in order to install.

Last edited by geekmaster; 01-29-2012 at 12:13 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2012, 07:37 AM   #81
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
How tough is it to port it to the kindle touch
aditya3098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:39 AM   #82
lukeroge
Enthusiast
lukeroge began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
I just added a fake US address to my amazon account and got a proper kindlet one - works like a charm
lukeroge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:22 PM   #83
kindleholic
kindleholic began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.1.0
Working on Kindle 5 Touch?

Hi all, great kindlet, is it working on Touch Screen? Since there are no keys to "call" the app, I wander how-to use this one.....
kindleholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:28 AM   #84
jmesar
Enthusiast
jmesar began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
favorite keyboard.txt

I have no problem with the keyboard Layout, What mean "Also put your favorite keyboard.txt"? where can i get this file?

3) Connect Kindle to computer and copy KindleNote_en.azw2 to directory "documents" and update_dev-key_0.4.N_${version}_install.bin to root directory. Also put your favorite keyboard.txt or keyboard_european.txt to (/mnt/us/)developer/KindleNote/work
jmesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 03:23 PM   #85
EricOwens
EricOwens began at the beginning.

Hello,
I'm have my kindle since yesterday and I'm a complete newbie in this field so please excuse if I post a stupid question:

I followed the tutorial but now I can't find anything in my kindle to start the app.
Could anybody tell me how to start this app?

Thanks in advance.
EricOwens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:07 AM   #86
peter12345
Connoisseur
peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2 * K3 with 3G, Sony PRS-T1
IT should be displayed on home page, u just click it:

but click Aa and restart to change language from Russian to English

I also added this to my whitelist:

update_dev-key
ENTER

at the top

as my key is changed my snake game does not work

Last edited by peter12345; 06-26-2012 at 05:23 AM.
peter12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:08 AM   #87
EricOwens

Ok, I don't have it on the home screen, any idea what could be wrong?

The jailbreak is working fine, I've already installed other hacks.

Thanks
Old 06-29-2012, 08:16 AM   #88
EricOwens

Ok now I managed to get the KindleNote on my home directory.
However if I try to run it it pops a message after a few seconds that says that the title couldn't be closed and the kindle restarts after that.

This is in the crash.log

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[6/29/12 1:41 PM] "KindleNote" (v. 0.3)

Task exceeded maximum duration of 5000 MILLISECONDS: unknown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[6/29/12 1:41 PM] "KindleNote" (v. 0.3)

Thread group could not be destroyed - threads still alive:*
Thread 1 => [Name=Kindlet-LifeCycle-KindleNote-0,ThreadGroup=Kindlet-Group-KindleNote].
: unknown

Any solution to that? I couldn't find any info about that problem on the net.
Kindle is version 3.2.1 and it's successfully jailbroken.

Thanks

Last edited by EricOwens; 06-29-2012 at 08:28 AM.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:20 AM   #89
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever
techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch hacked
Someone please please port it to kindle touch!
techiemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 05:06 PM   #90
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricOwens View Post
Ok now I managed to get the KindleNote on my home directory.
However if I try to run it it pops a message after a few seconds that says that the title couldn't be closed and the kindle restarts after that.

This is in the crash.log

Any solution to that? I couldn't find any info about that problem on the net.
Kindle is version 3.2.1 and it's successfully jailbroken.

Thanks
Err no, no idea. you could try running htop or top in another ssh shell to track it.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote