Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-23-2013, 08:57 AM   #23236
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Bombay Sapphire. In desperate need of Blue. On ice.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:34 AM   #23237
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
iced water, again.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:34 AM   #23238
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
If you'd like, I can send you a mug with my picture on it. People have been calling me a Royal Pain for years.
Might prove a lucrative merchadising line here on MR .

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Hi, orlok. I might have stopped by once or twice before. What's in my cup is usually pretty boring, since it's almost always "tea."
Don't worry about that. All I usually say is black coffee or Rooibos. And someone else (who can't be named ) just has iced water or Coke Zero to offer.

In my cup? Black coffee.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:55 AM   #23239
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Pu-erh with lunch.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:31 PM   #23240
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by maianhvk View Post
Whaaat? You can't just say tea! Where are the temperature, the brewing time, the kind of cup, the color of leaves?
See? I don't even know the rules.

So, here's the details. I start my day with four 16 ounce stoneware mugs of tea. The first two are almost always generic black tea in tea bags, just to wake me up and get me started. I usually have time to get more creative with my second and third mugs. I have an Asian market nearby and I buy loose black or oolong tea. Right now I'm almost done with a small cannister of Golden Dragon brand oolong tea.

I brew it with boiling water and drink it hot, with honey -- preferably dark buckwheat honey.

The stoneware mugs are souvenirs of a long-ago visit to Colonial Williamsburg, in Virginia.

As far as peripheral issues go, I have my usual "holiday season sinus infection." This year's is rougher than most -- I'm on my third different antibiotic, but this one might do it!

My best to Lucas! My son was one of those rare babies who never got sick. I don't think he had a noticeable cold until he was two. My daughter, on the other hand, could muster up an impressive fever at the drop of a hat.
cromag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:39 PM   #23241
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
So, here's the details. I start my day with four 16 ounce stoneware mugs of tea. The first two are almost always generic black tea in tea bags, just to wake me up and get me started. I usually have time to get more creative with my second and third mugs. I have an Asian market nearby and I buy loose black or oolong tea. Right now I'm almost done with a small cannister of Golden Dragon brand oolong tea.

I brew it with boiling water and drink it hot, with honey -- preferably dark buckwheat honey.

The stoneware mugs are souvenirs of a long-ago visit to Colonial Williamsburg, in Virginia.
Oh boy. You are going to fit right in .
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:30 PM   #23242
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Cranberry juice in my cup.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:41 PM   #23243
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What would you do if I sang out of tune,
Would you stand up and walk out on me.
Lend me your ears and I'll sing you a song,
And I'll try not to sing out of key.
Oh I get by with a little help from my friends,
Mmm,I get high with a little help from my friends,
Mmm, I'm gonna try with a little help from my friends.

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xJWxPE8G2c )

Joe Cocker at Woodstock... They made history together.

Good morning, everyone! The 4th Thursday in a month that has five. There is something very important in that, but I'm not sure what it is... I just 'feel' it. But it's starting off with a great big mug (see attachment below. Although the mug says 'November,' my birthday is in December. The shop only carried November mugs. I'm not fussy. ) of Taylors of Harrogate's "Yorkshire" tea, which is the perfect way to start the day. It's strong enough to remove paint from a battleship. It is definitely 'wake up' stuff! Add to it some rice, Kalamata olives and miso soup, and I'll be ready for the 10k walk we have planned for this morning. I need to be back before noon to meet with my Senior Citizen's conversation group, but that shouldn't be a problem if we walk fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Might prove a lucrative merchadising line here on MR .

Actually, I prefer the term 'gadfly' to 'Royal Pain,' but there are those who probably disagree.
Quote:
I have an Asian market nearby and I buy loose black or oolong tea. Right now I'm almost done with a small cannister of Golden Dragon brand oolong tea.
Just as an experiment, try letting the water cool for about 7-8 minutes before you brew the oolong. (Boiling for the black tea is OK) You may (or may not) prefer the flavor with the lightly cooler water.

One more mug of tea, then it's off to see the Wizard!

Stitchawl
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mug1.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	99954  
Old 01-23-2013, 09:42 PM   #23244
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Coffee.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:12 AM   #23245
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: current: PPW 4. brick: K3 & Voyage.
Get well soon Iri and Lucas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Iced water in my cup!
Orange juice now, hah!

Just curious... isn't iced water almost the same as normal water here in the winter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Oh boy. You are going to fit right in .
we love you already, cromag
maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:24 AM   #23246
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Tea, glorious tea! This time it's my fav, the unbranded Keemun! I've got to make some tea bags with it so I can bring them along this weekend. I'm just about out of most of my home-made bags.

Stitchawl
Old 01-24-2013, 06:26 AM   #23247
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
See? I don't even know the rules.

BUT! UHG! What about the forth mug? Do not leave us hanging!
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:28 AM   #23248
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Black coffee -- Green Mountain Pumpkin Spice.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:18 AM   #23249
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Bancha in one cup, oatmeal in the other.

Already not looking forward to the commute home. There is a dusting of snow, not even an inch, and it is not going to melt. What does that mean? People with no experience driving in the snow tailgating (I am talking about the idiot who was doing that to me as I was coming into a turn that was snowy. Thank god I didn't have to brake) The freeways are already filled with accidents and rush hour has not even really begun. The smaller roads will not be treated so my last mile drive home will be on ice because the snow is not going to melt.

uggghhh Thank god I have a 6 mile commute and it is all on streets, no freeways.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:44 AM   #23250
Dee Q
Born Yesterday
Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 2 & 4
Pepsi. It kind of keeps me going!
Dee Q is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?