Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-09-2012, 08:01 AM   #16
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksaber35 View Post

I for one have 73gb of storage (using my Sandisk 64GB Ultra)when i leave the house and could easy take more if i took my 6gb Sandisk slice USB stick...
Does anyone make a USB stick with OTG built-in? A cable and USB stick dangling off the device is not something I want to deal with for field use.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:12 AM   #17
darksaber35
Banned
darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a dead as PARROT Kindle keyboard 3G,NEXUS 7 and Proud Of It
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Does anyone make a USB stick with OTG built-in? A cable and USB stick dangling off the device is not something I want to deal with for field use.
Well my oldest sister who suffers from Multiple sclerosis does not seem to have a problem borrowing my tablet and having the OTG cable connected, so i very much doubt any able bodied person would on that score.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiple_sclerosis

Last edited by darksaber35; 10-09-2012 at 08:16 AM.
darksaber35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:17 AM   #18
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Well my oldest sister who suffers from Multiple sclerosis does not seem to have a problem borrowing my tablet and having the OTG cable connected, so i very much doubt any able bodied person would on that score.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiple_sclerosis
The tablet would be used outdoors while walking around in wildlife refuges and zoos. A dangling cord is not an option. For indoor use, I wouldn't care.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:30 AM   #19
darksaber35
Banned
darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The tablet would be used outdoors while walking around in wildlife refuges and zoos. A dangling cord is not an option. For indoor use, I wouldn't care.
oh ok ,you mean like this ? Maybe you would be better off with a ipad as this young executive already knows

Last edited by darksaber35; 10-09-2012 at 08:47 AM.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:50 AM   #20
CyGuy
Avid Reader
CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 902, Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, ASUS TF700, and Cybook Gen III
I am in the market for a smallish device like this. I wanted the Nexus but the missing card slot makes it a no-sale. I am going to take a closer look at this new Galaxy Player 5.8.
CyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:57 AM   #21
darksaber35
Banned

It has some other features that all tablets miss out - REMOVABLE battery and FM radio .
Having a spare battery would come in handy for long distance flights or your away from any power sockets while camping or other out door activity.

The galaxy player 5 had it so it's safe to assume that the 5.8 does too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	513Px-qsJdL.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	93748  

Last edited by darksaber35; 10-09-2012 at 09:02 AM.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:37 AM   #22
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
It has some other features that all tablets miss out - REMOVABLE battery and FM radio .
Having a spare battery would come in handy for long distance flights or your away from any power sockets while camping or other out door activity.

The galaxy player 5 had it so it's safe to assume that the 5.8 does too.
That's not a pic of the SGP 5; it's the SGP 4. The SGP 5 does not have a removable battery.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:42 AM   #23
darksaber35
Banned

ohh well ,we can toss it out of the window then Samsung seem to take one step forward and 2 steps backs then,i wonder if it will still have a FM radio.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:48 AM   #24
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
ohh well ,we can toss it out of the window then Samsung seem to take one step forward and 2 steps backs then,i wonder if it will still have a FM radio.
That they do. The 4 doesn't have a rear cam flash, but the 5 does. To make matters worse for the 5.8, it does not have a rear cam. It would be nice if they could incorporate all of the features in a single 5" ~ 6" wifi device.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:33 AM   #25
WillysJeepMan
Guru
WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, KFHD7, GTab 8.4 Pro, iPadAir 2
Quote:
That they do. The 4 doesn't have a rear cam flash, but the 5 does. To make matters worse for the 5.8, it does not have a rear cam. It would be nice if they could incorporate all of the features in a single 5" ~ 6" wifi device.
That would be nice. I'm left wondering what is Samsung's motivation for producing the GPlayer 5.8. What market is it attempting to cater to, or create?

And would the N7 apologists simply accept the reality that the N7 not sporting a microSD slot is a negative? The reality-distortion that takes place in defending that decision rivals that of any Apple fanboy. The inconsistency is headspinning. On the one hand, they'll claim that the N7 is superior to the Kindle Fire HD because it is straight Android out-of-the-box and dismiss the workarounds on the KFHD as unnecessary hurdles and yet are perfectly happy with devising Rube Goldberg type solutions to the lack of a microSD slot.
WillysJeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:43 AM   #26
darksaber35
Banned

Maybe samsung had to change the name dew to a very strong possibility that Apples will take them to patent court again over using the number 5 which is used for there flagship phone .
So they had to come up with a good excuse to rename there player- galaxy player 5.8

As to WillysJeepMan outburst i guess you must not be sowing your wild oats or something as i never even mentioned the kindle fire hd .Talk about reading between the lines it seems like a touchy subject to you.

Maybe you have been shinning your amazon badge in the sun for far too long.
In the future any threads i start i will put a disclaimer warning any amazon owners of a nervous disposition to avert there eyes

Last edited by darksaber35; 10-09-2012 at 01:17 PM.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:09 PM   #27
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
You can always use tape to glue the cable + stick to the back of the device :-)
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:49 PM   #28
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
You can always use tape to glue the cable + stick to the back of the device :-)
I think I'll wait for a 32GB Nexus 7 for $249. That would give me plenty of room for videos while on vacation; and Audubon Field Guides for parks and zoos.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:00 PM   #29
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysJeepMan View Post
That would be nice. I'm left wondering what is Samsung's motivation for producing the GPlayer 5.8. What market is it attempting to cater to, or create?
Good question; especially since it has worse specs than the newer breed of 7" tablets.

Quote:
And would the N7 apologists simply accept the reality that the N7 not sporting a microSD slot is a negative? The reality-distortion that takes place in defending that decision rivals that of any Apple fanboy. The inconsistency is headspinning. On the one hand, they'll claim that the N7 is superior to the Kindle Fire HD because it is straight Android out-of-the-box and dismiss the workarounds on the KFHD as unnecessary hurdles and yet are perfectly happy with devising Rube Goldberg type solutions to the lack of a microSD slot.
I agree

I, for one, need a minimum of 32GB for a tablet without a card slot.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:19 PM   #30
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysJeepMan View Post
...yet are perfectly happy with devising Rube Goldberg type solutions to the lack of a microSD slot.
Wow, never thought installing an app and attaching a cable would be up there with a Houdini act...
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote