Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-08-2011, 05:27 PM   #16
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Note that you need to restart the framework (in case you do not have shell access, just restart your Kindle) between installing the keystore and the application signed by it. It's not quite clear to me whether you did, just thought the hint can't hurt...
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 05:40 PM   #17
G.T.
G.T. began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Yes .. I make restart of device between updating and opening notepad ... and it shows me , that device is not registered for testing .... I don´t know, where is problem. Till this hack (developer-keystore-installer-0.2) i don´t have problem with updating ...

(.... and during updating it shows me exclamation mark and in half it stops and restart - and in left down corner shows "U007" ...)

EDIT: I tried to instal another apps (game snake, chess etc.) and I have the same problem ... so there will be problem with updating and error U007 .. some idea?

Last edited by G.T.; 04-09-2011 at 11:51 AM.
G.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:04 PM   #18
Tanga
Zealot
Tanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toys

Did you 'update Kindle' when you installed the keystore?
Tanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 05:43 AM   #19
G.T.

I did everything, what is in installation list - copy program and update file. Then try to update (as youu can read in my previous comment), but it shows error during it - error U700 ...
Old 04-09-2011, 07:17 AM   #20
proDOOMman
Enthusiast
proDOOMman can extract oil from cheeseproDOOMman can extract oil from cheeseproDOOMman can extract oil from cheeseproDOOMman can extract oil from cheeseproDOOMman can extract oil from cheeseproDOOMman can extract oil from cheeseproDOOMman can extract oil from cheeseproDOOMman can extract oil from cheeseproDOOMman can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.T. View Post
I did everything, what is in installation list - copy program and update file. Then try to update (as youu can read in my previous comment), but it shows error during it - error U700 ...
Try to reinstall Jailbreak
proDOOMman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 08:37 AM   #21
G.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by proDOOMman View Post
Try to reinstall Jailbreak
If I will reinstall Jailbreak, will I have to reinstall all hacks, which was made??
Old 04-09-2011, 08:49 AM   #22
proDOOMman
Enthusiast
proDOOMman can extract oil from cheeseproDOOMman can extract oil from cheeseproDOOMman can extract oil from cheeseproDOOMman can extract oil from cheeseproDOOMman can extract oil from cheeseproDOOMman can extract oil from cheeseproDOOMman can extract oil from cheeseproDOOMman can extract oil from cheeseproDOOMman can extract oil from cheese

Also if on your kindle there is file "linkjail/etc/whitelist", you can add to it "update_dev-key" string
Quote:
If I will reinstall Jailbreak, will I have to reinstall all hacks, which was made??
No. All hacks will stay in place

Last edited by proDOOMman; 04-09-2011 at 08:52 AM.
Old 04-09-2011, 09:17 AM   #23
G.T.

Quote:
Also if on your kindle there is file "linkjail/etc/whitelist", you can add to it "update_dev-key" string

No. All hacks will stay in place

Ok. And is it important to do firstly unnistal jaibreak or I have just install it again?

And what do you think "add"? Only write "update_dev-key" to whitelist file or I have to do something more? I am beginner, so I apologize for these questions

Last edited by G.T.; 04-09-2011 at 09:22 AM.
Old 04-09-2011, 09:42 AM   #24
otichy
Connoisseur
otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: KPW
Quote:
This bug is present in some devices. On russian forum also there is one user that has this bug.
Presently I have no idea why it may be happened, but I will try to fix it
I have the same problem... But a nice app, thanks!
otichy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 10:39 AM   #25
proDOOMman
Enthusiast

Quote:
Ok. And is it important to do firstly unnistal jaibreak or I have just install it again?

And what do you think "add"? Only write "update_dev-key" to whitelist file or I have to do something more? I am beginner, so I apologize for these questions
If you have this file, you shouldn't reinstall jailbreak.
You should modify whilelist in this way:

After that you can install update-dev-key hack
Quote:
Originally Posted by otichy
I have the same problem... But a nice app, thanks!
Today I fix this bug (https://github.com/proDOOMman/KindleNote/downloads, "Version with focus loss fix")
Old 04-09-2011, 11:41 AM   #26
Giggleton
Banned
Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3
Thanks for the prog! The whitelist is in linkjail/etc and I just added that first line update_dev-key to my whitelist, then reinstalled the dev-key, updated and I could run the program.
Giggleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 11:52 AM   #27
8annika.yael
Enthusiast
8annika.yael doesn't litter8annika.yael doesn't litter8annika.yael doesn't litter

Device: none
where would we be without people like YOU??
8annika.yael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 12:44 PM   #28
G.T.

proDOOMman: Thank you so much .. it really works ...

(tips for all people, who will add "update_dev-key" to the whitelist file - order isn´t important, but after line "update_dev-key" must be "ENTER" ... I had all lines on the same level, but it doesn´t works ...)
Old 04-09-2011, 09:38 PM   #29
Giggleton
Banned
Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3
Could you make your Kindlenote program copy my annotations into notes for more extensive annotating?

I just like the feel of say, highlighting a passage, then pasting that passage into full screen note editor, writing about the passage, then hopefully posting the note online.
Giggleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 12:35 AM   #30
Mario1up
Connoisseur
Mario1up has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mario1up has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mario1up has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mario1up has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3/G
I really like the .bin devkey installer, since I don't have and don't want the USBNetworking hack. Do you think you could make a version to install the "generic" keystores most people are using? Perhaps make it so it has that one and yours?
Mario1up is offline   Reply With Quote