Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 08-04-2010, 11:59 PM   #766
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
8.4.28 seems to support APS as well ...
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 11:54 AM   #767
nelson7lim
Connoisseur
nelson7lim began at the beginning.

Device: nook
can someone drop a link for me for removing the drm?
nelson7lim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 06:39 AM   #768
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson7lim View Post
can someone drop a link for me for removing the drm?
at the risk of appearing uncharitable, just use a search engine like google - I've just done so ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 11:08 AM   #769
harryE123
Banned
harryE123 is on a distinguished road

Device: irex reader
does inept work for both epub an pdf? And how easy (with good results) is it to convert an epub title to mobi to read on amazon? Excuse my ignorance.
harryE123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 12:04 PM   #770
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by harryE123 View Post
does inept work for both epub an pdf? And how easy (with good results) is it to convert an epub title to mobi to read on amazon? Excuse my ignorance.
Yes, but there are separate indeptpdf and ineptepub scripts. Calibre does a good job of converting ePub to MOBI. There is a long list of differences between ePub and MOBI (almost all improvements in ePub), but in practice ePub and MOBI are interchangeable in the typical mostly-text ebook.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 01:04 PM   #771
harryE123
Banned
harryE123 is on a distinguished road

Device: irex reader
thanks a lot! I would have thought two html formats would be easy to manipulate.
harryE123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 05:35 PM   #772
belledee
belledee began at the beginning.

Device: Motorola Droid; PC; kindle 3 wifi
hello everyone, i downloaded the ineptpdf file and rename it "ineptpdf.pyw"....but when i double-clicked it a notepad window came on with writings on it...so how do i run the script w/o the writings coming up all the times?

thank you
belledee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 08:13 PM   #773
geokhentix
geokhentix began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Hey all, i'm using ineptkey43 and ineptpdf74. The key gets created, and it says file successfully decrypted, but it isn't decrypting the file. I have a nook, and this textbook is a textbook i'd rather not carry around with me, but i can't break the DRM. I've attatched the pdf below. Thanks in advance!

[Link removed - title may be copyrighted - Moderator]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 09-06-2010 at 06:01 AM.
geokhentix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 09:03 PM   #774
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
Greetings Geokhentix:
Are you choosing a different folder for your decrypted book? Are you sure that it is infact the decrypted version that is getting added to Calibre? If you get a successfully decrypted response from ineptpdf, then the new ebook that you are creating should be drm free. Might want to give it a slightly different file name so you can keep the two files separate.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 09:16 PM   #775
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by belledee View Post
hello everyone, i downloaded the ineptpdf file and rename it "ineptpdf.pyw"....but when i double-clicked it a notepad window came on with writings on it...so how do i run the script w/o the writings coming up all the times?

thank you
Have you installed PyCrypto?
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 09:36 PM   #776
belledee

yes i have
Old 09-05-2010, 09:43 PM   #777
geokhentix
geokhentix began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leep View Post
Greetings Geokhentix:
Are you choosing a different folder for your decrypted book? Are you sure that it is infact the decrypted version that is getting added to Calibre? If you get a successfully decrypted response from ineptpdf, then the new ebook that you are creating should be drm free. Might want to give it a slightly different file name so you can keep the two files separate.

cheers
Thanks for the response! It is indeed the correct file, and it still has DRM(Or appears to...) However, I've have some progress, i've noticed that in Adobe Acrobat, the first page is default zoomed at 5485% and if i scroll to page 2, it says "The document could not be saved. There was a problem reading this document.(14)." If i try to Save As, it does the same thing. If i delete the first page, it doesn't delete.
geokhentix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 10:00 PM   #778
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
yes i have
Can you double check that your .pyw file is associated with pythonw.exe.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 10:15 PM   #779
belledee

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Can you double check that your .pyw file is associated with pythonw.exe.
im sorry...but i dont know what you mean by being associated....i have pythonw.exe in a different directory though
Old 09-05-2010, 10:20 PM   #780
belledee

Quote:
im sorry...but i dont know what you mean by being associated....i have pythonw.exe in a different directory though
i found another way daffy...when i drag the ineptpdf.pyw onto the pythonw.exe, the decrypter window popped up

thanks for your help: