Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 02-03-2010, 07:45 AM   #1
Paul Kobasa
Paul Kobasa began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs505 (14 of the little blighters!!!)
Use of Digital Editions in a lending library

Has anyone tried loaning ebook readers in a lending library?

I'm the computing officer in a lending library and I'm having difficulties with the Adobe Digital Editions 6 device restriction. We have 14 Sony PRS505's and wish to loan them to students.

Our main e-book provider uses ADE and sets the PDF files to expire after a number of days.

Thing is, because of the 6 device restriction in ADE, a user will have to try to stick to loaning the same pool of readers.

Has anyone any suggestions? Jim? Are you out there? Heeeelp!

Paul.
Paul Kobasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 11:43 AM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, Paul

I"m bumping this thread in case anyone has a suggestion.....
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2010, 12:26 PM   #3
Paul Kobasa
Paul Kobasa began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs505 (14 of the little blighters!!!)
Digital Editions woes............

Cheers DesertGrandma!

I'm working on a few possible technical solutions, none of which are pretty. If I get any headway I'll post my solution.

Ta V much!
Paul Kobasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 04:40 PM   #4
Jim Lester
Evangelist
Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.

Device: Nook HD, Nook for Windows 8
This is not going to be a supported scenario - Devices are viewed as personal devices (and not group devices), and there are no workarounds that I can suggest for you to get this to work. (For instance I can suggest that activating to a set of three AdobeIDs and borrowing the books for the student, because this would be against the various Licensing Agreements)

Jim Lester
Adobe Systems
Jim Lester is offline   Reply With Quote