Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 09-06-2010, 08:35 PM   #61
cheyennedonna
Edge User

I just had to delete all my tags and re-tag everything. All of my Library content had 2 tags and would not delete the wrong tags. Also things added to the library do not appear under untagged if you do not tag them, I have to search through all content to find and add a tag.

Old 09-08-2010, 01:42 PM   #62
canezila
Edge User

I have encountered something that may be a bug... or something I dont understand and mistakenly think it is a bug: I had all icons appear correctly on the bottom 'taskbar'. Now the icon located furtherest left is missing. It is blank. I can click it and the sound and highlight appears but nothing further happens. It used to give me quick access to stuff I was working on, now I have to open the library and hunt it down... and that isnt too bad either, just not like it was a few days ago... does that make sense? Thanks

Advert
Old 09-08-2010, 02:41 PM   #63
borisb
Edge User

That does does sound like a bug. You can try dragging another app into that spot, and then drag the original app back on top of that one and see if that helps. Also try shutting down and restarting, to see if it's an icon caching problem.

Old 09-08-2010, 02:57 PM   #64
canezila
Edge User

They did move. I didnt know they would move! I somehow moved the icon by accuident and didnt realize it happened. That has to be why it is gone. I just have to find it in the apps area and re-plant the icon. Thanks a ton borisb!!

** now for a different kind of bug. I just got my nUShield and it is the wrong size. It is for the ereader and NOT the LCD screen. The part that bugs me is that I read about other people doing the same and thought I had the correct one! ahhhhhh....

Old 09-08-2010, 03:40 PM   #65
fgruber
Edge User

I talked to technical support about this and they said it was accidentally removed but that it will be back in the next update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgruber View Post
It worked before. Not anymore.

That is how I avoided the delay in using color before. I would write everything in black then select text and change color.

Now if by accident I write something in a different color I can't change it. Have to erase and rewrite

Advert
Old 09-09-2010, 02:06 AM   #66
alefor
Edge User

Same problem with tags for me. My only idea same as yours. Let me know if anything else works

Old 09-09-2010, 03:56 AM   #67
janvangastel
Edge User

Some bugs (I think):
1. Highlighter highlights more text then I touch with the stylus. Sometimes only a sentence, somtimes more then a whole sentence.
2. Browser goes to home when hittig the button to go to landscape (lcd) twice.
3. When opening a new journal, Edge askes for a name for the already open journal, but it is not possible to actually enter a name.
4. Underlining text wih the pencil tool in a pdf, sometimes also highlightes text, not necesseraly the same text as the text I want to underline.
5. When going back to a former page after having zoomed out the browser, the page opens without being zoomed out. So I keep zooming out pages.
y

Last edited by janvangastel; 09-20-2010 at 11:22 AM.

Old 09-09-2010, 08:54 AM   #68
borisb
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by janvangastel View Post
1. Hoghlighter highlights more text thn I touch with the stylus. Sometimes only a sentence, somtimes more then a whole sentence.
4. Underlining text wih the pencil tool in a pdf, sometimes also highlightes text, not necesseraly the same text as the text I want to underline.
Try recalibrating the eInk screen if you haven't already since updating to Dingo. Several users have commented that recalibration helps after the update.

(Also, for PDFs, how the PDF is internally structured by the publisher can affect how selection works. I have one or two books where each line is effectively one word, so that I cannot highlight just one word on a line.)

Old 09-09-2010, 09:37 AM   #69
janvangastel
Edge User

I have recalibrated, but that maks no difference. It could be the structure of he pdf, but I don't know how to become certaon about that.

Old 09-09-2010, 10:20 AM   #70
borisb
Edge User

If a whole line highlights when you attempt to highlight just one or two letters, then enable PDF Reflow and zoom in a bit. In the ebook where I had whole lines acting as a word, the PDF reflow wouldn't work properly - it was as if there was a hard carriage return (line break) at the end of each line.

Knowing this won't help, of course, but I've only seen this in one book so far.

Old 09-10-2010, 03:06 AM   #71
janvangastel
Edge User

Alas, didn't work either.

Old 09-10-2010, 09:06 AM   #72
borisb
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by janvangastel View Post
Alas, didn't work either.
Do you mean that in PDF Reflow that you'd get every second line having just one or two words when zoomed in a bit, rather than each line being fully filled with words from margin to margin? If yes, this means it's the structure of the PDF that is the problem. When I had originally presented this to Tech Support several months ago, they were not sure they would be able to do much about it at the time.

Old 09-10-2010, 04:06 PM   #73
mduijkers
Edge User

With dingo, its not clear if I the e-reader is in annotation mode or not.
Pre-dingo it would be clear because the annotation toolbar would be shown as a second row.
With dingo, I have to use the tool menu, which is slow, and check if "annotation" is checked on.

Besides, now that I think about this:
Why have the slow, menu on the e-ink side when it makes far more sense to have it on the fast lcd side?
That would make it just the way I work with photoshop; the picture on the left monitor en editing tools on the right monitor.
Makes even more sense if you keep in mind that placing the editing/annotation menus on the lcd screen, away from the e-reader, would make them far more responsive.

Last edited by mduijkers; 09-10-2010 at 04:09 PM.

Old 09-11-2010, 01:00 AM   #74
emen
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mduijkers View Post
Besides, now that I think about this:
Why have the slow, menu on the e-ink side when it makes far more sense to have it on the fast lcd side?
I get headaches and eye strain from LCD monitors and actually prefer to have as much options as possible on the e-ink side, so that I could have the LCD side turned off much of the time. That's why I bought the Edge in the first place, because of the e-ink. A perfect device for me would have only the e-ink side, with full operating system. With my vivid imagination, I don't need a color screen .

Old 09-11-2010, 05:06 AM   #75
janvangastel
Edge User

I agree with Emen. When I am reading and and writing in a journal I like to have the locked s much as possible. Especially when reading in bright light conditions I don't like to use the lcd at all. And when I am using the edge at night, when observing astronomical objects, the lcd screen ruins my night vision.