Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-30-2011, 01:23 PM   #1
Wyndham
Connoisseur
Wyndham has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Wyndham has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Wyndham has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad Air 2 (iOS 9), iPhone 6 (iOS 9)
Looking for ePub reader ActivX plugin

Does anyone know of an ePub reader ActivX plugin, or would consider developing one?

This would be quite popular for people who use Directory Opus (and possibly others). From what I have read on the DO forums, people would be prepared to pay for such a plugin as well.

This popular Windows Explorer replacement has many features inluding a viewer pane facility which displays the contents of many file types without having to launch an external program, but currently does not have a plugin for ePub file types.

Any ideas?

Please note I do not work for DO and am just a user - More information on Directory Opus - and, download trial here
Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 01:28 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Moderator Notice
Moved to appropriate forum

Last edited by chaley; 05-30-2011 at 04:15 PM.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2011, 03:47 PM   #3
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
ePubReader is a Firefox extension, you might check with that developer to see if they'd be interested in your request.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 03:54 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Or just upgrade to Firefox and use ePubReader.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 05:46 AM   #5
Wyndham
Connoisseur
Wyndham has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Wyndham has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Wyndham has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad Air 2 (iOS 9), iPhone 6 (iOS 9)
I already use Firefox as my preferred browser and this is not the solution.

I am not looking for a ePub reader per se as I use Calibre and Stanza.

What is needed is a plugin that can be used with Directory Opus. For example, using DO (as a Windows Explorer replacement), I can go down a list of documents and see the contents in a viewer pane as I scroll down the list. Similarly with many other file types such as pdf, spreadsheets, images and video files. It would be very useful to be able to do the same with my eBooks (ePub, lit, etc).
Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2011, 09:30 AM   #6
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I know this thread was moved into this forum because it had "plugin" in the title but really this request has absolutely nothing to do with Calibre plugins. You are more likely to get a response in the Opus forums than here, as only someone familiar with programming the Opus API is likely to take this on.
kiwidude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 10:36 AM   #7
MSWallack
Right, Except When Wrong
MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (sometimes iPad Mini).
I posted a request for something like this on the Directory Opus forum months (a year?) ago. Nobody had any idea. I've tried to communicate with several ePub reader developers and either didn't hear back from them or was told that they didn't have any interest in developing an ActiveX plugin. This would be really, really useful...!
MSWallack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:02 AM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Moved to appropriate forum
Actually, it's moved to the wrong forum. This thread has nothing to do with Calibre.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
activx, epub, plugin