Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-25-2010, 03:07 AM   #121
emini_guy
emini_guy began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Please just do the update. On some PocketBooks, the original firmware has not been well installed. If this does not work, please report back!
Yes, I'll do the update on Monday.
emini_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 04:38 PM   #122
Francesco
Aficionado
Francesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enough

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by emini_guy View Post
Yes, I'll do the update on Monday.
The update corrected the problem for me, even though I had the latest firmware installed.
Francesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 03:12 PM   #123
TheHutt
Zealot
TheHutt can extract oil from cheeseTheHutt can extract oil from cheeseTheHutt can extract oil from cheeseTheHutt can extract oil from cheeseTheHutt can extract oil from cheeseTheHutt can extract oil from cheeseTheHutt can extract oil from cheeseTheHutt can extract oil from cheeseTheHutt can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocketbook 360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
I was able to get the famous Caecilia to play with a little - I used to do lots of professional desktop publishing. The problem was I got it in otf format.
As far as I know, all you need to do is rename the extension to TTF, and FBreader will accept it.
TheHutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 03:34 PM   #124
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHutt View Post
As far as I know, all you need to do is rename the extension to TTF, and FBreader will accept it.
Yes. I have found out and posted somewhere in PocketBook thread.
The problem is, there is something in the hinting info that makes PocketBook to render Caecilia.otf.ttf in a way that I do not like.
Especially the lowercase letter w looks very weird.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote