Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-23-2012, 02:49 PM   #166
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
@NiLuJe: See if chattr/lsattr works on that system.
Things may have changed since I last used it for anything.

It (extended permissions) went in about the same time as the gid and uid was extended (about 2.3?) and was a concession to not extending the capabilities system to files.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:50 PM   #167
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@knc1: Yep, works .

[code]zsh: permission denied: attr_test[/test]
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:54 AM   #168
msg7086
msg7086 shares his or her toysmsg7086 shares his or her toysmsg7086 shares his or her toysmsg7086 shares his or her toysmsg7086 shares his or her toysmsg7086 shares his or her toysmsg7086 shares his or her toysmsg7086 shares his or her toysmsg7086 shares his or her toysmsg7086 shares his or her toysmsg7086 shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I just tried to install usbnet on the brand new jailbroken kindle paperwhite.

I got an update error when I reboot my device.

says update error 3.

Any ideas?

Thank you.
msg7086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:01 AM   #169
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by msg7086 View Post
I just tried to install usbnet on the brand new jailbroken kindle paperwhite.

I got an update error when I reboot my device.

says update error 3.

Any ideas?

Thank you.
Yes. This question has been answered about 1000 times now. Use "update your kindle" to install updates. Don't just reboot.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:48 AM   #170
msg7086
msg7086 shares his or her toysmsg7086 shares his or her toysmsg7086 shares his or her toysmsg7086 shares his or her toysmsg7086 shares his or her toysmsg7086 shares his or her toysmsg7086 shares his or her toysmsg7086 shares his or her toysmsg7086 shares his or her toysmsg7086 shares his or her toysmsg7086 shares his or her toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Yes. This question has been answered about 1000 times now. Use "update your kindle" to install updates. Don't just reboot.
I had a brief search and couldn't find anything useful, till now.

I would recommend this being written in the Readme file, or in the first post.

Anyway you saved me lots of time (and my brain). Thanks a lot.
msg7086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:32 AM   #171
Leir
Enthusiast
Leir began at the beginning.

Will installing this jailbreak allow me to install the custom screensaver hack, which in turn allows me to have custom screensavers on my kindle paperwhite with special offers? Not trying to evade the advertisements, just that I really want to personalize my kindle. Its fine when its a little bar when I'm browsing through my book list, but looking at an advertisement every time i wake my kindle makes it feel as if its a "stranger", not one of my own belongings.
Leir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:38 AM   #172
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leir View Post
Will installing this jailbreak allow me to install the custom screensaver hack, which in turn allows me to have custom screensavers on my kindle paperwhite with special offers? Not trying to evade the advertisements, just that I really want to personalize my kindle. Its fine when its a little bar when I'm browsing through my book list, but looking at an advertisement every time i wake my kindle makes it feel as if its a "stranger", not one of my own belongings.
no. the SS hack won't work on SO machines IIRC/
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:51 AM   #173
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by msg7086 View Post
I had a brief search and couldn't find anything useful, till now.

I would recommend this being written in the Readme file, or in the first post.

Anyway you saved me lots of time (and my brain). Thanks a lot.
IT IS written in the first post, open the spoiler with the "install directions". There you will find that you should RESTART your Kindle (and how to do that), not re-boot your Kindle.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:19 AM   #174
Akirainblack
abibliophobic
Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV jailbroken
Hello, I've installed the 1.5N Jailbreak on my Paperwhite, I got the "jailbreaking screen" which isn't the whole display of the kindle and the you are now Jailbroken book.
However I can't install the USBnet or anything required for Collections Manager.
Kindcalc works perfectly.
I figured I'd start over again, dropped the 1.5 uninstall.bin onto my paperwhite which was promptly deleted by the kindle.
I'm on FW Kindle 5.2.0 1729740065

Is there any fix for this?

Thank you,
Akirainblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:52 AM   #175
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@Akirainblack: How recent is your Touch? (And what does your S/N begin with?)
Except I'm now confused, since you mention FW 5.2.0.

Is this a Touch, or a PW? Would it happen to be a European/Japanese 3G model? If it is, what's the S/N prefix, and to which country was it shipped?

Last edited by NiLuJe; 10-25-2012 at 12:13 PM.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:02 PM   #176
Akirainblack
abibliophobic
Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hello NiLuJe

My paperwhite arrived this morning, which is mentioned in the post. Haven't updated my profile yet.

Last edited by Akirainblack; 10-25-2012 at 02:15 PM.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:14 PM   #177
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Akirainblack: Thanks, but that doesn't answer any of the actually interesting questions, though .

Namely: what's the S/N prefix? Where was it shipped? What model is it (WiFi only? 3G?)

Last edited by NiLuJe; 10-25-2012 at 01:20 PM.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:01 PM   #178
Akirainblack
abibliophobic

Nello NiLuJe
S/n prefix: B01D
Shipped: UK from UK
Model: 3G

Old 10-25-2012, 02:03 PM   #179
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Akirainblack: Thanks!

Yup, completely normal. Will add support for this one in KindleTool, and repack everything, thanks! .
Old 10-25-2012, 02:08 PM   #180
Akirainblack
abibliophobic

excellent, thank you NiLuJe, does this mean the other things needed for Collections Manager will work as well, or will I need to wait.
Also, and I don't mean to sound pushy, merely curious, how long is that likely to take?

Thank you again.

Tags
5.1.0, 5.2.0, jailbreak, kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, touch