Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-18-2012, 02:16 PM   #1
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Free Library of Philly login issue yet again

Can anyone who has an account with the Free Library of Philadelphia log in to their Overdrive page?

Thanks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 02:43 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
No problems here.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 03:13 PM   #3
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Working fine over here.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 03:14 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Turns out my card has expired. Guess I'll have to renew.
Old 08-18-2012, 03:23 PM   #5
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
One of my library cards was "expired" and they put a hold on physical checkouts. Meanwhile, I was still able to borrow ebooks without any restrictions. Great for me, since I had already made the switch to ebooks. This went on for several years until I renewed it earlier this year.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 03:27 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
One of my library cards was "expired" and they put a hold on physical checkouts. Meanwhile, I was still able to borrow ebooks without any restrictions. Great for me, since I had already made the switch to ebooks. This went on for several years until I renewed it earlier this year.
I'm trying to call the library to see what can be done other then send in a check. But I keep getting that they are busy.
Old 08-18-2012, 05:50 PM   #7
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My original expiration date was in August. Last year I sent in my check at the end of May, and this year my account expired early June. Apparently the expiration date is the day they apply the check to your account. I asked about checking the date online, and at this time there is no way to check your expiration date without sending the library a message.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:11 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
My original expiration date was in August. Last year I sent in my check at the end of May, and this year my account expired early June. Apparently the expiration date is the day they apply the check to your account. I asked about checking the date online, and at this time there is no way to check your expiration date without sending the library a message.
I'll have to check into that and keep note of the expiration date. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:27 PM   #9
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
That's ridiculous. How can they get away with cheating you out of two months?
Old 08-19-2012, 12:29 PM   #10
pidgeon92
Wizard

Quote:
Were it any other entity, I'd probably be unhappy about it. However, I don't mind donating a bit extra to the library. I donated an extra $50 to them earlier this spring as well.

It would, however, be nice to know when the card expires. Since it expired earlier than I had expected, and I was locked out of my account for several days. At least they didn't dump my holds or wishlist.
Old 08-20-2012, 07:57 AM   #11
tm3
Groupie
tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: Kindle 3
what is their current annual fee?
tm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:17 PM   #12
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Ridiculous, yes, but that was due to their antiquated system. During a phone call earlier this year with the FLP I was told the system was being updated to allow online renewals of one's account. I know for a fact that they have the capability since they made it available for me during the conversation. I do not know, however, if it has been officially activated yet.

If it is close to renewal time, go to the main home page of FLP (not Overdrive), login to "My Account," scroll to the bottom and look under "My Bills." This is where the renewal amount would appear with a link for payment.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:30 PM   #13
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by tm3 View Post
$35.00
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:47 PM   #14
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by tm3 View Post
It's Free if you're in the Military or a Veteran. I got my hubby to fill out for a card because he's prior USAF and I use his card for my books. I believe 65 and older get one for free too.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:04 PM   #15
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
It's Free if you're in the Military or a Veteran. I got my hubby to fill out for a card because he's prior USAF and I use his card for my books. I believe 65 and older get one for free too.
Their website says nothing, so do they require any proof of your current or ex military status?