Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 12-15-2010, 01:22 PM   #1
geraldandannie
geraldandannie began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Inspiring read from terminal cancer sufferer

I hope it's OK to mention this book here. Although I'm not the author, I'm the editor and publisher, and we've produced a fascinating, funny, sad and inspiring book.

MESO WARRIOR - MAVIS NYE

Raymond Nye used to work in shipyards, refurbishing and repairing warships. Mavis Nye used to wash his clothes, and shake out the dust that seemed to cover them. That dust was asbestos, and now, decades later, she has contracted a particularly nasty form of terminal cancer from it called Mesothelioma.

Her original prognosis was 3 months to 2 years, at best. Despite this devastating news, Mavis, with the support of her husband Ray, decided that she wouldn't give in to this “nasty”, as she calls it. She would
fight it every step of the way.

As she and Ray fought the disease, endured the hospital visits and treatments, she collected a growing army of supporters. She joined forums and social networking sites, gathering people around her who had been touched in some way through this terrible
disease.

In this captivating, funny and emotional book, she recounts, in her own words, her day-to-day dealings with the disease, and with life. She refuses to let it beat her without a fight, and she and her “Meso Warriors” continue
to generate publicity about the disease, its causes, and its treatments.
Her fight continues.

Praise for this book:
* This book will bring you to tears, make you laugh, and fill you with hope and inspiration

* This book will have you laughing, crying, and shouting for joy ...

* In all my many, many years in the nursing profession, I have never met anyone with the courage and fortitude that Mavis Nye has to face a terminal illness

ALL income from the sale of this book goes to Mesothelioma UK (Charity)

Buy here: ($2.99 ebook, £6.99 print book)

Kindle Link
Smashwords Link
LULU (Print) Link
geraldandannie is offline   Reply With Quote