Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-16-2010, 02:00 PM   #1
jendrake
jendrake began at the beginning.

Device: nook
syncing/sending news updates to device

I was able to pull the ebooks I had on my device into my Calibre library.

I selected three things from Fetch News. I scheduled updates for Mondays (today is Saturday.) But then I also selected Download now.

The News items are in my library. I selected and tried to Send to Device. It appeared to work. However, I cannot find any of the 3 News categories on my nook, after I ejected it.

Also, I deleted a book in Calibre from my ebook library. However, it is still in the library on my Nook. Should that have updated as well?

Thanks for the help!
jendrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 02:52 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jendrake View Post
Also, I deleted a book in Calibre from my ebook library. However, it is still in the library on my Nook. Should that have updated as well?
Calibre will not delete from the reader unless you tell explicitly to do so.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2010, 03:11 PM   #3
jendrake
jendrake began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Update - I gave it another shot and found my news items in under My Documents in My Library on the device. Cool. I will go back in and see if I can figure out how to tell Calibre to delete specific books or old news items from my device. I am a newbie. This is fun!
jendrake is offline   Reply With Quote