Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-22-2009, 01:16 PM   #1
geekraver
Addict
geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini,Kindle Paperwhite
Books disappeared after enabling USB networking on DX

Hi all

I just went through the process of enabling USB networking on my DX, so that I could turn off the syslog tracking that Amazon do. After enabling the networking using ebs' update, but before using it, I found all my books are now "missing" except for the few .cbz files I have in Pictures directory. The files are still there; I can see them in the storage, but they don't show up at all in the Kindle's UI.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a fix? I'm considering backing out the USB networking change now that I have the showlog patch applied, but don't want to if there is a simpler fix (and backing it out doesn't guarantee that things will get better anyway).
geekraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 12:40 AM   #2
geekraver
Addict
geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quite bizarre - if I delete all the PDFs from the reader, it shows the Kindle User Guide and welcome letter again (plus the cbz's). If I put the PDFs back, it shows nothing - not even the .cbz files anymore.
Advert
Old 09-23-2009, 12:46 AM   #3
geekraver
Addict

I tried deleting the Usbnet directory - and then the PDFs came back. So it seems the Kindle chokes on trying to index that directory or something.

Ah well, all I really wanted was to turn off the spyware, so I probably don't need it anyway.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:06 PM   #4
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Glad it is fixed! That must have been scarey, seeing all your books gone!
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote