Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 03-04-2009, 04:22 PM   #1
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
Looking for advice

I am looking at what ebook reader I want to get.
I am looked at the kindle, bebook, cybook, and others.
I am leaning at cybook it looks as to be usable for what I want an ebook reader for. I want to be able to read my tech docs (work doc, pdf and sometimes html for the internet tech sites) so that I can read it with out caring around a laptop all of the time also the lcd sreens hut my eyes.
I have used mobipocket creator to convert docs and pdfs to prc and am looking for advice before I comment myself to a reader.
Please advise.

Chuck
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 04:36 PM   #2
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Where are you located? That will play a big role in your decision making due to availability of content for specific machines.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2009, 05:06 PM   #3
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Having a representative of each of your three possibilities, I find I use my EZ Reader (same as BeBook) the most. In another thread I rated them on a scale from one to ten as EZ Reader {with OpenInkPot (OI) firmware} at 8.5, Kindle 1 at 7.25 & Cybook at 6.5. Of course we all have our individual preferences. The Kindle 1's are going for about $190 - $260 on Ebay now.

I imagine that I will use the Kindle for the first reading of pbooks I scan because I can "highlight" lines with it when I find OCR errors that need correction. For me that advantage of the Kindle helps it plus the dictionary support. The EZ Reader with OI allows me more control in formatting how the page looks on screen, e.g. not only font size (which both the Kindle and Cybook have) but also specific fonts, margins (top, bottom, left & right), line spacing (more flexible than Kindle & Cybook has none).

Now I read mostly Mobipocket formatted ebooks (sometimes RTF, HTML, or FB2) without DRM and almost never read PDFs. BTW OI is an open source, free firmware that currently works with the Hanlin V3 (also BeBook & EZ Reader). It is constantly being improved by the OI community developers.

I plan to pass my Cybook on to my daughter. I think it will fit her needs the best (since I get to choose what I want to keep). And maybe sell or pass the Sony to the OI guys.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 12:22 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Chuck and welcome to the Forum. Be sure and let us know what you finally decide
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote